Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys.....can I please pick your brains about a R33 GTR this time?.....

When driving spiritedly (fast LOL) when changing gear there is a slight grind feeling when it goes into gear....this doesn't happen unless when driving normally but when driving fast if I leave the clutch down a bit longer before I select the gear is doesn't happen.....any ideas?

Also, on my gtst it occasionally revs by itself slightly but only very occasionally.... is this coil packs?

Thanks again (very very muchly)

Samx

p.s. anyone going to The Fast Show at Pod this weekend?

·
Yeah boyeeeeeeeee
6,604 Posts
sounds like synchro wear, common problem. I make sure I change gear slowly to minimise this (and have redline shockproof gearbox oil, which helped a bit). Need gearbox rebuild to sort properly though.

Reving by itself unlikely to be coilpacks (don't know what it is though!)

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hubby (its his car...) said that it feels more like that it might be clutch related because if he hold the clutch in a fraction longer it doesn't happen - like its not disengaging enough....? possible? really do appreciate your help!!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sorry - spotted the bit below with the link to the 'how to'.......

Any thoughts on the clutch?

Thanks Samx

·
Man of many spanners
1,166 Posts
By holding in thr clutch a bit longer you are allowing the gears a little more time to mesh which is what you should do if you have worn synchros.
Gtr's cost a fortune to sort the synchros out so it is probably a good habit to get into.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts