Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know where there are any really good pics of a standard R34 GTS online anywhere.

Or better still know of anywhere in or near Essex where I'd be able to see one in the flesh ?

Toying which the idea of throwing a few more pennies into my budget and going for an R34 instead of R33.

Cheers

·
M's Factory
5,240 Posts
R34 is a GTT.

when are you looking to purchase.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
soonish

As soon as I find the right car at the right price (seen about 20 cars recently but most are overpriced dogs!)

Would I be right in thinking that traction control is an option on R34 GTT's ?

Are there any major differences between R33 GTS and R34 GTT?

Thanks

·
M's Factory
5,240 Posts
traction control is something that comes as standard on the R34 GTT.

The GTT has the lowe down variable valve timing which never came out on any other car.

Bodywork wise it also has the flarred arches which the R33 GTS doesnt have.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks. Nice car and pics.

Found one for sale reasonably local, so off to have a butchers this afternoon. I'm warming to the R34 from pictures but still want to see on in the flesh.

Does anyone know what the standard power and torque figures are for the R34 - does the VVT make it much stronger at lower revs than the GTS25T ?

Cheers

·
M's Factory
5,240 Posts
Standard 250PS GTS
Standard 280PS GTT

The VVT assists with the turbo lag so you get a better lift off its not going to be a huge noticeable thing, but it still is there.

·
On The Far Side...
203 Posts
The VVT definately helps out - comparing my old R33 GTS to my current R34 GT-V - the engine revs smoother and there's more torque/power lower down in the revs. Despite not having a turbo (R34 GT-V has an RB25DE) the VVT almost kicks in like a turbo as you surge through the rev range!:D Certainly a standard GTT has a lot of tuning potential.

In terms of looks, while that's all a matter of opinion. To me the R34 looks more aggressive and feels a little more nimble compared to the R33, though I definitely prefer the interior of my old GTS...

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for your help folks. Went and saw and drove a 51 reg GTT today - lovely car, shame it was an auto.

The guy who's selling is has a 52 reg GTT as well. Jammy git.

I agree with you Dave that the R34 looks a bit more aggressive. I also like the idea of the traction control as I'll be using the car all year round (unless my hand heals up so I can ride my bikes again).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts