Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
are the non turbo varients as much fun as turbo one ? they seem to be going for cheap as chips !.

·
Registered
7,178 Posts
Having only had a GTST i wouldnt know, but there will definetly be a noticable power difference.

Im sure you could quite easily kick the back out and have fun with it though.

There quite a few N/A owners on here and they seem to be having fun :D

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
next question, would it be easy to bolt a turbo on if u got bored?
just seen one similar to mine but na and its half the price i paid for my turbo

·
Registered
44 Posts
I'd have thought it would be more than just bolting a turbo to it as I'd imagine the NA engine has a much higher compression ratio, would probably be a case of a transplant ditching the NA lump and fitting a force fed RB instead along with the ECU etc.

Not sure if the GT spec brakes, suspension, diff etc are the same as the GTT but if not you'd be wise to swap/upgrade these too....

·
Registered
4,219 Posts
If you're used to driving a turbo anything you'll hate the N/A variant, guaranteed!! Even at work we have turbodiesel vans and flat diesel vans. I made sure to call dibs on me 1.6 litre tdci beast of a transit :D before anyone else got chance. She's animal, 85BHP at the front wheels, top speed of 150Kmh. Way better than the 60BHP transit connects. Think me skyline could overtake it on a free roll down a hill, lol.
Even on that low of power/speed scale you REALLY notice the difference! Don't go N/A after you've got used to a turbo, not unless it's equal/more powerful. You will hate it!! Have you drove a 2.5GT yet?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts