Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
6,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My first Skyline is now leaving Japan and I have the very long, tedious wait till it reaches the UK.
The car arrives in Southampton in a few weeks and obviously needs to have mods done and the SVA/MOT completed - any advice on companies to use that you have had good experience with for Skylines?
I arrived at JAE on the Sunday and met a couple of you and apparently just missed an R34 GT-t. The suggestions for companies to talk to there that I was given were great, but sadly the relevant stands were swamped with people.
What additional mods should I be looking at for easy wins performance wise without killing insurance premiums? It has an HKS exhaust but that is about all so far.
I look forward getting involved in the club when my new toy arrives.
Thanks in advance....

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
You're lucky - mine missed the boat at the end of July and wont even leave Japan for another week or so.

Probably best not to invest in any bolt-ons until you get it - sometimes the cars arrive with some unexpected hardware on board, so I'm lead to believe.

·
Registered
6,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can empathise - mine missed the first boat 3-4 weeks ago.

Point well made as it looks as the previous owner spent good money on it with Nismo aero kit, volks racing alloys etc.

·
M's Factory
5,240 Posts
nice to see you guys are getting your skylines :)

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
It seems too far away at the moment - not yet a reality if you see what I mean. Once I get the shipping documents I will feel better. Then when I see the car.....much better! :D

·
M's Factory
5,240 Posts
the gtt set up the right way is a great car. As a lot of cars found out last night on the track, although in reality they probably saw a skyline and thats it, its a skyline, no other knowledge of the cars.

When are you all expecting your cars then ?

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
Looks like late september for me now, assuming it gets on the next boat. Not planning to race mine, just cruise. Its a '98 GTT automatic.:dance:

·
M's Factory
5,240 Posts
I never planned to race mine.

Just track days are so much fun, even to learn the track.

Hmmm hope its garaged in Sarffffend init when you get it.

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
It will be off the road I have been wondering whether to fit one of those locking posts into my drive. If anyone hurts it I will be somewhat upset :bash: :spank: :Uzi::crazy: especially as it takes so long to find these sukkas.

·
M's Factory
5,240 Posts
Yes your quite right, shall have to pop down there sometime and have a look once you have have it in your possession :)

·
M's Factory
5,240 Posts
Its two pay cheques away :)

·
Registered
6,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Mine is due to dock Sept 8th at Southampton and it cannot come soon enough - I have always admired Skylines from afar and cannot believe one will be turning up with my name on it..
I do plan on using mine for track days and will be joining the club as soon as she docks - I am convinced that the car is up to it - its just the driver I am concered about!
Who would you recommend to set it up right - Abbey seem to be reviewed well and any ideas for SVA/Mods etc?

·
M's Factory
5,240 Posts
You are bringing it in yourself, I think if you speak to Mark nicely enough he will sort you out a deal on doing the SVA and start a map out for what you want to do with the car. Put it all down against your budget and come up with a plan with him. Give him a call.

·
M's Factory
5,240 Posts
You are bringing it in yourself, I think if you speak to Mark nicely enough he will sort you out a deal on doing the SVA and start a map out for what you want to do with the car. Put it all down against your budget and come up with a plan with him. Give him a call.

·
Registered
6,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Many thanks, I have just spoken to Abbey and they have pointed me to Shin at Prospec who seems really helpful and is generating a quote for me.

I apparently have the issue of Xenons and the exhaust for SVA to get through and that is obviously assuming that the tyres are marked correctly! Seems as if they really know thier stuff though.

·
M's Factory
5,240 Posts
Abbey do know their stuff. Helpful, and full of knowledge.

·
Super Moderator
9,426 Posts
My little Starlet is due to dock on the 22nd!!!! I cant wait....and I am lucky coz it wont need to SVA because its over 10yrs old....

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
Nick MW said:
I apparently have the issue of Xenons and the exhaust for SVA to get through and that is obviously assuming that the tyres are marked correctly!
What is the issue with the Xenons ? :confused:

The exhaust only needs changing if the one fitted is cat-free is that right?

1 - 20 of 104 Posts