Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm currently budgeting for an R34 GT-T, having 'graduated' from the Porsche 944, Mitsubishi GTO,and 300ZX.

With 300zx's (import), many feel that the manual is the more reliable option whilst the auto is nicer to drive. What's the general consensus (ie. pros and cons) with the R34 GT-T????

·
Registered
469 Posts
best bet is probably to drive both and see what you like. I test drove a tiptronic gtt but didn't like it cos the gearchange seemed really slow but maybe you'll get on with it.

·
Registered
475 Posts
i have a 34 gtt manual and have driven lots of tiptronic ones

ask you self one question are you going to tune it and pos do track days and 1/4 mile if so MANUAL

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
I can let you know what the 'tip' is like - I should have mine soon (wahoo! :bounce: ). I've driven autos for about 5 years, and the driving I involves a lot of stop-start traffic.

I'm guessing the tiptronic is for people who prefer autos, rather than an alternative to clutching for those used to a manual.

·
Banned
8,850 Posts
Muesli said:
i have a 34 gtt manual and have driven lots of tiptronic ones

ask you self one question are you going to tune it and pos do track days and 1/4 mile if so MANUAL

Oh so I dont do track days and I havent tuned mine then.:aka47: and what gearboxes do the top drag cars use ? and F1.:aka47:

N

·
0 Posts
Ther ok , depends what u want
I would point out tho that ALL real drag cars run autos
and aparently so do ALL F1 cars !!

·
Banned
8,850 Posts
Yeah, great minds an all that. Makes me mad when people dismiss autos as crap. Suck it and see, or dont knock till I have pissed past ya eh Moff.:D

N

·
0 Posts
I cant change gear as quick , makes me mad 2 , i suppose ignorance is bliss

S

·
0 Posts
all of the tiptronic cars we have imported along with the manual R34's are just as quick as a manual shift if you isolate the standard transmission stick and use the steering sequential shift at your fingertips. Just like a race car and it works real well when you get used to it.

They are lovely boxes and a very smooth gear change, a dream to drive if you like a bit of lazy driving.

cheers
stuart
skylinesrus.com

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
skylines'r'us said:
all of the tiptronic cars we have imported along with the manual R34's are just as quick as a manual shift if you isolate the standard transmission stick and use the steering sequential shift at your fingertips. Just like a race car and it works real well when you get used to it.
Are you saying "electronically" isolating the standard stick gives some kind of faster gearchange? (or are you just talking about using the steering wheel gearchange rather than the main lever?

I really enjoy the tiptronic, but I sometimes use the sequential lever just to give it a satisfying shove!

S

·
0 Posts

They are lovely boxes and a very smooth gear change, a dream to drive if you like a bit of lazy driving.

cheers
stuart
skylinesrus.com

·
Registered
635 Posts
Buster i have an auto as well mate and to be honest there is not that much difference ive noticed. My old man has got the same but in manual and its just as rapid as his!!
Didnt mention it before i was kind of shy about it:)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts