Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
I moved it to the correct place lee :)

You gearbox will be a straight swap and the engine would fit in on the same mountings. The loom would also just plug in as far as I know but i`m not 100% on the ECU side of things as the 34 is a slightly different engine!! Why do you need to swap it for a 34 engine ?

·
Hello, little lady!
556 Posts
Interesting thread.

Richard, what about dumping an RB26 into my GTS-T?

Viable? Easy?

J.

·
Registered
953 Posts
will fit into gtst no hassle needs ecu and few other goodies to run will go nicely

·
Hello, little lady!
556 Posts
OK. I might be able to get an RB26 for £700ish. So what *exactly* do I need apart from the ECU? I might just start shopping....

J.

·
Registered
953 Posts
look on skylinesdownunder.com or skylinesaustralia.com or talk to abbey or gtart as am unsure of rest of bits just remember u havent got 4wd or abs possibly

she will fly thought go for it

lee

·
Registered
2 Posts
i would think they would both work being as the main differences as far as I know in the GTR34 is the g-meter in dash as well as the other monitors, getrag transmission, and VVTi. thought I could be wrong as what I know is from what ive collected over time reading abot technical readouts of skylines. just my .02 mates.

·
Registered
952 Posts
person i spoke to who wont be mentioned said it would cost 6000 to swap the engines over and have all the parts needed and for them to supply the engine.

ouch!

·
Needs a self cleaning car
1,455 Posts
Been done

On the GT-R register, the user Big Mark has an R34 engined R33. You might like to drop him a PM or email.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts