Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone, just recently purchased an 2001 R34 GTR and trying to pass JCI (Japanese Inspection). Unfortunatly it will not pass because the driver seat is a full bucket Recaro Seat. Im looking for a temporary replacement just to pass the inspection.

I've searched around and found that a R32 GTR seat will fit perfectly in an R34 GTR. But my question is will a non GTR R32,33,34 or 180sx / 240sx seat bolt right in? Any additional information would be of great help!

Thank you for your time! :cheers:

Daniel

·
Everybody knows that the bird is the word
9,198 Posts
I've searched around and found that a R32 GTR seat will fit perfectly in an R34 GTR. But my question is will a non GTR R32,33,34 or 180sx / 240sx seat bolt right in? Any additional information would be of great help!

Thank you for your time! :cheers:

Daniel
An R32 GTR seat will definitely NOT fit, they share the same seat rails as all other R32 models. R32 and R33 seats are interchangeable but will not bolt straight in to an R34.
S13 seats are slightly different to R32/R33 seats (3 out of the 4 bolts line up), but I'm not sure if they share the same rails as an R34 - having an educated guess, I'd say no.
Any R34 seat will bolt in to your car (2 or 4 door - not just GTR). I can't confirm if they fit or not, but Stagea seats may be worth a closer look too.
Hope that helps :)

Also, nice car too :bigthumb:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you Banter's Minion for the information,

Thats odd, I'm sure I saw a post last night on a different forum stating the R32GTR bolts right in... I'll have to look into the Stagea,

Thanks again! :bigthumb:

·
NORTHERN IRELAND AREA REP
8,659 Posts
But 34 seats fit into a 33 so would in not work vise versa? Plus the bride subframe in my 33 came out of a 32.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey guys, I ended up buying another R34 GTR seat on yahoo auction Japan.

Thanks though for everyones input!

·
Registered
761 Posts
Just for info- 34GTR seats are interchangeable with the 33 and 32. It's the 34GTt seats that aren't

1 - 9 of 9 Posts