Skyline Owners Forum banner

41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
625 Posts
Don't want to open a new thread just because of one question.

I will be doing a manual conversion using R33 bits but on a R34 GTT.
1. Can I cut and weld the brake pedal(people say it sits higher) so I don't need to replace it. I figure it would be much simpler to do.
2. Front part of the tailshaft is shorter. Could I also get this machined and balanced at a shop? Or does it not fit in the gearbox?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey guys, didn't was to start a new thread as it would be excellent to have this information on this one for future and current users.
I'm converting my 2001 R34 Gtt Sedan with a 1995 R33 Gtst Gearbox and all parts from that car.
I've been given a wiring loom and I know which cables go to the transmission as they are obvious and I have plugged in on one of the photos.
I'm not sure about any of the other plugs though, I have yet to pull the dash off and connect the break pedal and clutch pedal.
Are all these plugs something I will figure out quite easily when everything is pulled apart or is going in blind a bad idea, do I even need to use half the plugs on the loom?
Thanks guys and Happy New Year

EDIT:
I found the plug on the loom that goes to the clutch pedal, no clue where the rest go, I've read that one will go to the dash cluster but nothing for the rest

Attachments

·
Registered
236 Posts
Can't answer your question but if you download the workshop manuals for R34 and R33 you might be able to cross reference them and figure something out. And please keep posting pics of your progress. I've got all the bits for this but just never have time to start the project. All the good project threads (like "Diy R34 Manual Conversion Using R33 Parts" on SAU) the pics have disappeared cos of photobucket and so questions like this are hard to find information on.

41 - 45 of 45 Posts