Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So as a few of you know, I have recently acquired my self an R34 GTT. I purchased it through Davew at teh GTR shop. The entire process I wrote about in the general section if you are interested.

So after collecting the car from Durham, we stayed in a travel lodge but could help a few sneaky snaps!

As you can see the AC panel wasn't playing ball so got on and ordered replacement leds
the ones for the screen where fine, but the three that where used for the buttons where too big, so had to reuse the original holders!

they are ok, but the LCD panel is a bit patchy, so going to look into different LED's, this is how the look

Then came my new wheels, I was orginally after a set of Rays RE30 but after seeing what they sell for, I changed my mind!

I purchased a set of Inovit Evo's 18x8 the off set was a little tame but wasnt too fussed as I can space them out, this is with out spacers

As you can see they are fine at the front but pony at the back!
So I got on to Albert at knight racer to hook me up with some spacers, I must say, very impressed with the quality of the items and how fast thy came!

and then some lovley blue nuts!

Once on, much better

then weekend just gone, gave it a nice polish, (poor Mercedes didn't get the same treatment!)

So thats where I am at present.

Ive got a 60mm Prosport boost gauge to go in. Then after that my plans are to buy, Decat, Turbo elbow and Downpipe.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
nice car mate we must hook up one day,I'm in sevenoaks just down the road from you've had my car about 7 years now,and I'm still spending money on it.

simon

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
nice car mate we must hook up one day,I'm in sevenoaks just down the road from you've had my car about 7 years now,and I'm still spending money on it.

simon
sounds good to me bud, go for a little photo shoot!

·
Belgian Fries
209 Posts
Great looking car Barry, I love it that you went through all the effort to find her. She's a beauty, I hope she can see many sunny days. What exhaust is she running now?

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Great looking car Barry, I love it that you went through all the effort to find her. She's a beauty, I hope she can see many sunny days. What exhaust is she running now?
Thanks buddy,
currently has an Apexi cat back, its quiter than what I'm used to but its got a lovely rumble but needs that throaty roar that comes with the elbow!

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Like it all bar the gearknob mate. Lovely motor.
Funny you should say that, I searched for ever for this particular knob. I finally found it In USA from one of the fast and furious R34 GTT's. but now I'm not sure if I like it either! lol

·
Registered
223 Posts
Lovely colour, if I remember correctly, bayside blue was the rarest factory colour on GTTs, despite being so popular on the GTR.

·
NORTHERN IRELAND AREA REP
8,617 Posts
To be fair i''ve never been a 34 fan at all but this looks lovely. Really clean original looking motor, fair play. I agree with the above, gear knob looks bit cheap compared to rest of motor.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Looking really nice mate! I'm having all mine sprayed soon with a new kit nd been offered a colour change... bayside blue is very tempting

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
time for a little update I suppose:

So, I had a day off work, getting it ready for a trip to Bluewater, I headed out to get some fuel, after filling up, sitting in traffic. a nice lady decided that she wanted to be where my car was sitting resulting in this:

So as you can imagine I wasnt best pleased! she admitted full liability, as I'm now awaiting the cheque so I can put in in for paint.

It needs every panel down the driver side painting!

so after a day or two of calming down, I started fitting my new prosport Halo gauges, these are awesome gauges and would recommend them to any one, after looking around for a double Pillar pod, I managed to pick a universal one for £6, I had an offer from Divolsmumsplaytoy to make me one but I wanted to have a go myself. I took a head gun to the pod, and managed to get a very good fit on the A pillar.
this is the only lame photo I have though.

Then I decided it needed some loving, so out came the polish, in addition I purchased some tribute Paul Walker stickers! also decided to remove some badging on the rear, so now just got to get rid of the calsonic sticker.

got to love bayside blue

my kitchen view

Then I went for a drive with the Mrs and this happened.....

she loved it!

Then at night discovered this

sorry about the crap quality, but its through the rear tinted window, my speakers light up! lol

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
So not much as happened, as I'm waiting for the car to come back from the body shop,

I installed my oil pressure gauge, but ran out of time installing the sensor.

As i mentioned before, any one looking for gauges I really do recommend the Halo 60mm gauges from rspec. here is the link

Stepper Motor Touch Series : R-Spec Performance Products Ltd, Performance Products For Performance Cars

Sensor wire

Sensor and gauge controller

Installed, they are as blue as you can get but for some reason my phone makes them look white?? lol

So got some time off work coming up, and in anticipation purchased a few goodies to keep me busy:

Japspeed decat
Meguires head light restoration kit
Brake caliper paint kit

been trying to find a downpipe and turbo elbow but no where has them in stock!!

ill update through out my time off!

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
So, got a few little parts done on the car. Went and picked it up and was greeted with this

Proper dead! but to be fair it had sat for three weeks!

First problem was the decat! it was too short! but a quick call to japspeed and a replacement adjustable on was on the way

So stated on the brake calipers, was very happy with the result.

This was the end result

Then I decided to fit the oil pressure sensor for my gauge.........

I found the concealed little bung above the oil filter but the thread was different... so put it all back together and ordered a converter, that took a day to come, when it did back under the bonnet bung out new adaptor in perfect fit, the went to screw the sensor in and because of the adaptor the sensor now fouled the oil filer housing....... AHHHH!

so took the old pressure senor out and screwd the new one in, the old one isnt very accurate any way. started the car to hear water running..

it wasn't water

I had left the bung out of the block, and managed to piss 2 ltrs oil lovely fresh oil over my engine bay and floor. it was one of the moments when you stand back and go "fcuk sake"

So after clearing up a nice amount of oil and cleaning my engine bay. i went and got some new oil...again

everything back in.

And today Ive spoke to Sumo power and got my self on the preorder list for a shiny new blitz Nur Spec R!

1 - 20 of 83 Posts