Skyline Owners Forum banner

41 - 60 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Little up date time,

So the car was due an MOT, i really didn't want to get it out but had to get it tested. so of came the warm cover, connected the battery and it jumped into life!

It passed with flying colours!

so gave it a little treat with an HKS EVC boost controller, Very easy to set up and install.

my new view!

It's made a massive difference, really unleashed the boooooooost!!

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
not sure if any one is still reading the thread but hey ho, I'll keep updating!

So made a small carbon purchase a few weeks ago from GTRnick from GTR.co.uk, so had to get it fitted asap, it used all original bolt holes so was more than impressed!

take a look!

All fitted up

I love it! I've wanted a GTR spoiler for every single GTT that I've owned but never got round to doing it.

then it was time for a spin, took a quick snap of the cockpit at night!

I then got a bit carried away and purchased a new turbo elbow from japspeed, the outside was ok, the welds where acceptable

But inside is a bit of a mess, so ill take a die grinder to it before I fit it on.

After driving around it has developed a miss fire at 5k in 3rd gear, I suspect plugs need replacing so that will be my first port of call.

That's all for now!

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Time for a large update!

So after a time of living with bubbling laquer on the bonnet i decided to get it painted, on top of that I hit a rabbit that exploded and damaged my bumper! I purchased a bonnet lip from Japan so decided to get that fitted at the same time, after searching for a competent painter I came across a guy in Sittingbourne that had a great reputation, after a visit I was sold and the car went in!

then to this

Then the phone call came and the car was ready!

the bonnet lip really changes the front end, the paint work is amazing , any one looking for paint send me a message and I'll point you in his direction!

So now is the time for some serious mods. with all the items I have fitted I wanted to get them working at their best. I researched a few ECU options and after talking to a few people I decided to go with Steve at FC tuning for a nistune ECU and remap.

I firstly headed to Redline performance for a pre dyno check and ECU fitment. The guys there gave the car a good check over and to my relief gave it a clean bill of health!

Ecu Going in!

once fitted it was off to the dyno, I had never been to a dyno before so wasnt sure what to expect, but it was awesome, i didnt realise the amazing sound my car made from the outside under load, it was sexual!

Steve was amazing, really knew his stuff, explained everything he was doing. after working his magic I left with 338bhp with launch control.
the car is totally different to drive, it pulls through all the gears, no flat spots, its amazing!

Steve explained that next upgrade is a 044 fuel pump as mine is at its limit. and while I was there after market down pipe then back to him for a tweak.

any way....more updates to follow!

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
Looking great mate. Where is the paint guy based and what was jobs you gave him and final price?

Ps you still need shot of that gearknob lol.

·
Registered
180 Posts
looks lovely mate. keep the updates coming

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Looking great mate. Where is the paint guy based and what was jobs you gave him and final price?

Ps you still need shot of that gearknob lol.
Thanks man. He is based in Sittingbourne. I had the bonnet painted and bonnet lip fitted. Bumper repaired and painted and both wings painted. Cost me £450.

I actually purchased a nismo but plug looking knob but it was such poo quality I sent it back and haven't got round to buying a other!

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
Thanks man. He is based in Sittingbourne. I had the bonnet painted and bonnet lip fitted. Bumper repaired and painted and both wings painted. Cost me £450.

I actually purchased a nismo but plug looking knob but it was such poo quality I sent it back and haven't got round to buying a other!
Cheers for that, seems a good price. Yes those buttplug gearknobs are bloody awful. Look out on Ebay for the metal Nismo ones or Greddy/Veilside.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Just a tiny up date really,

Purchased a 3m headlight restoration kit as I still wasn't really very happy with my headlights, I must say, this one made a great difference, what the photos don't really show is the removal of the misty-ness, as they now have reflection instead! lol

Before

After

the light pattern is better and I can actually see at night now!

then it was time for a little meet, we headed the the east meets south meet just by the blackwall tunnel.

Excuse my friend, he was guarding the cars!

got to lova a good candind shot from when you arrive!

I've got a few little bits to do on the car including retro fitting LED light panels in the door cards for the courtesy light as for some reason Nissan decided to install reflectors instead or lights in the GTT. then silver carbon wrap for the center console.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
As planned, over the weekend the sun was out and so was I! i grabbed my bits and set to work on installing lights in the door light reflectors.

My tools!

then after a little bit of time this was the end result

I decided that an option to have them on with the doors closed would be cool, so added a switch inside.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Small update really, not actually changed much as I'm just enjoying the car.

I wanted to change the colour of the center gauges, but as its a series 2 R34, they are coloured orange on the faces, so after a little research I got hold of some nail varnish remover and cotton buds and started scrubbing!

A lot of cotton buds!

then decided that i wanted them really blue so took extra steps!

all was good until the rookie mistake was made... put it all back together but forgot to take the red bulbs out......

Retard...

also fitted blue LED's to the foot wells, but not sure if I like them yet lol

then whilst driving for some reason I decided to take a corner a little too close for comfort and kerbed a wheel....

AAAHHHH!!!

but still now if got an excuse to get them repainted!

went to a cruise in canterbury with my friend, it was a pretty good turn out!

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
Right!

Big update time. as you're aware in my last post I multi coloured my center gauges:crazy: I looked into replacing them with matching Halo gauges as Ive got on my A pillar, but the cost was a bit more than I wanted, and as the cost of a Nissan MFD unit is just plain stupid I opted for a better option.

I wanted the install to look correct, as a few of the full custom screen surrounds I've seen I've not liked, so I jumped on nengun and ordered a genuine MFD outer surround, which was cheaper and faster than ordering from Nissan UK:crazy::crazy:

So once that arrived I was able to measure up the tablet size, as I wanted to use a bluetooth adaptor I knew ipads didnt support it, so started looking at Samsung tablets, and came across a Tab A, which has a sim card slot aswell.

Once that arrived I started to mock up a surround/holder for the tablet, I used 6mm perspex that I had left from a shower install. lol. after messing around with the dremel and making a sh*t tone of mess, I decided to go with the wide tip soldering iron, apart from the smell it was a much better option!

so after lots of melting and shaping I was a lot happier with the holder, I melted the edges to 45 degrees....ish to make it look a little more factory, then gave it a coat of rubberised black paint, this stuff is awesome, as long as its warm else it sucks! lol

then came the fun part. getting it to fit! I would like to say I didnt take any photo's as it wend straight in................. but in reality I didnt take any photos as I was to busy swearing ans shaving bits of to get it to fit! after an entire day of reshaping it went in!

I am so over the moon with it!!

The soft ware is called torque pro. Fully customizable display and about 9794328743 different sensor interfaces. it connects via a consult bluetooth adaptor that I got from the states. Its powered via a USB cable, the app allows the tablet to sleep and wake up when it detects that power is present.

but the car is now asleep for the winter......... booooo

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
I take my hat off to you mate that looks absolutely superb and well done for sticking with the plan!

What sort of readings did you want displayed just out of interest?
Thank you!

Just a replacement of the standard gauges really, that are more accurate and don't measure in crazy units, like goats per hectare, lol I'll get some better photos when the car is out again, but on that page I have, Boost, Volts, Oil Temperature, Throttle Position, AFR, G Meter and coolant.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
So been a while with no updates, so in case any one is still reading here are my updates!

So after kerbing a wheel like a retard I decided to have them all repainted, wast a huge fan of the black spokes but like the design, so went for the shadow chrome option for a change. I really love it!

Then enjoyed the car for a tad, headed to a few meets and things, then a service was due so it got new fluids and filters and a new walbro just in case.

a little dirty!

New oil and magnetic sump plug

Before aay mentions the oil 10w60 my engine had 135k on it, so opted for something a little thicker

Remember hold the sump nut on tight and it doesnt make a mess
Nailed it...............

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
Then a few more meets and shows came up so naturally had to represent!

Then I signed up for BHP and track time. I've never driven on track, so had no idea what to expect, so decided to fit Harnesses just in case..

Then the day came, after a day of rain and wind, 40 minutes before my track session out cam the sun, dried the track and stayed perfect,

What an experience, I never knew my car could perform like that and I never knew I could drive like that either!!

I didn't get any footage as my friend forgot the GoPro! the only pic I have is this!

So what I've established is that I loved it, and I want more!

But need to do a few things first, It was clear that any longer than the 15 minutes that we had and my brakes would have become non existent. So new discs, pads and braided lines will be ordered, along the ducting to provide cooling and a brake servo stopper.
I don't really have the need for a massive brake kit as I'm not going full track commitment, hopefully a decent disc and pad combo will be sufficient for my needs.

41 - 60 of 83 Posts