Skyline Owners Forum banner

61 - 80 of 83 Posts

·
Tiger Uppercut!
633 Posts
screen looks great! can't do that on my R33 as it is not OBD2 :-(

10w60 is perfectly fine based on my engine builder / tuner. run it in my built RB25. leaves a good film coating
Yes you can. The 34 are not obd2 they are Nissan consult port. Check out the nissan datascan website to see how to do it.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Nice Updates bud, keep them coming... I know you said you just looking to change pads/disc etc, but if it helps I've a set of refurbished R33 GTR Calipers which I believe would be a nice upgrade for your braking needs and look sweet behind your newly refurbed rims. :grinno:

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
OK Update time

Since Photobucket has gone to pot, hopefully the new images show om imgur

So, New brakes where fitted and I went a little further on track prep,
Purchased a brake stopper

Properly stripped the back out and fitted a keep net

Secured the fire extinguisher

Then it was on stand at Tuner fest awaiting track time!

The drivers briefing came and went so time to head out.

It was amazing, proper scary though and nearly binned it on the first corner after the safety car went out trying to keep up with an Evo.....
[
but one thing was clear, braking was much much better, but my tyres arent really up to the Job, they are great as a street tyre but not very special on track. that plus HICAS deciding to try and save the day really made it feel a little sketchy, the final corner on every lap, changing from second to third made the rear end jump over, every time! So really do need to look into a HICAS removal kit.

So as i wasnt signed up for any more track I put the interior back in jest so I could use it as a street car. I attended a few meets with GTR.co.uk at ace cafe with my friend dave

and came away with this gem of a photo!

then attended the indoor jap show in coventry, with skyline owners was a very good show and caught up with some old faces!

Then things started to get a little out of hand, I moved house and managed to get this lovely arrangement

and then decided I want to take the car a step further, I would like to stay track focused but really I want a fast street car that is nice and responsive that can be used occasionally on track. SO I replaced the screen MFD in the console as I couldn't get the AFR to read correctly, so out that cam along with the exhaust to have the AFR gauge bung welded and discovered this

So ordered a complete new set of gaskets from conceptua as the down pipe one was in half!

so all back together and new gauges in place!

then made an AUS purchase

I also purchased a genuine Bee r Limiter just for show, but couldn't bring my self to wire it in, so that still sitting in the box atm!! lol

Then purchased these

GTR 570cc injectors

along with the following that has now been purchased:devil::devil:

Gen 2 GTX3076r turbo
6Boost manifold
Turbo Smart 45mm External waste Gate
Plazmaman Front Plenum and Throttle Body

I've never taken the car to this level before so this will be a whole new experience!
Any way that's where I'm now currently at, so if you are still following my build, be prepared for some major work!

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
Update time!!

The post man cometh!!

So after a few delays from shipping and customs this lovely looking box was hand delivered by Wayne at Autoextreme.

So that's my Plazamaman and throttle body arrived, I plan it to keep pipes and shiney bits black as I want to go crinkle red on the cam covers.

then today Parcelforce delivered this,

Turbosmart External wastegate

And the main piece

Gen2 Garret gtx3076r!

It's sexual.
So just waiting on my 6boost manifold which should be much longer, then I need to look at fitting bits up, The plenum isn't too much of an issue, I'm a little nervous about fitting the manifold due to the ever nasty exhaust studs, I don't want to be in a situation where I need the get the car tailored to a garage to have the extracted, plus I will need to get a new down pipe made up. So not sure how to tackle that atm.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
Also for about this update

Purchased a carbon bonnet at a reduced rate from knightracer due to a small crack in the front, not a massive problem as I inted to paint it,

With my little apprentice

But what I did have a problem with was the dog sh!t fitment.

It wouldn't lock in on the standard bonnet latch at all no matter how much I adjusted it.

So I took the latch off completely

So after a LOT of messing about, removing bonnet bump stops, adjusting brackets and alarm sensors, I was left with this

a lot better but still not perfect, and after the helpfull advice from knichtracer "have you tried adjusting the wings?" why would I do that when mu bumper, door and headlight all line up perfectly with my standard bonnet?? wasnt impressed by that at all,

Any way I really got into it the next day and really messed about some more and managed to get a little more flush with the wing.

I then had the task of cutting holes for the aero catches

·
Registered
126 Posts
Avesome update

I envy You... wish to find funds for these plenum and turbo... could U share with us how much You paid for these plenum...
About bonnet i had the same isuue what You - no matter where You buy aftermarket bonnet ( for example i had an "Seibon" one) - its never be a perfect fitment...As long as not buy a genuine Nismo parts :/

Keep us inform - Your car looks gorgeous :)

Regards - Taranis

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
I envy You... wish to find funds for these plenum and turbo... could U share with us how much You paid for these plenum...
About bonnet i had the same isuue what You - no matter where You buy aftermarket bonnet ( for example i had an "Seibon" one) - its never be a perfect fitment...As long as not buy a genuine Nismo parts :/

Keep us inform - Your car looks gorgeous :)

Regards - Taranis
Thanks mate.
I did consider going back to a standard bonnet. But got it to fit to a standard that I'm happy.
The plenum was £1020 I think. It's a lot I know. But I wanted to keep the lower runners and the standard fuel rail for now.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
A few small updates, as I just waiting for my new garage/workshop to be built.

So I wanted to change my steering wheel, but really couldn't bring my self to ditch the air bag. so looked into the mines aftermarket wheel, and after fainting at the price looked into re-trimming it, I came across a company called royal steering wheels, after a few chats sent my wheel off and a week or so later, received this!

Then got a little crazy adn went for a set of Cosmis xt206r wheels, 18 x 9.5 et 10 all round, the rears went on perfect, but the front fouled the brakes because of the design.

Old vs New

the fronts just would have it, So sold them and bought two 18x9 et 30 and while i was at it replaced all tyres with Yokohama AD08R.

Much better!

and then had a little mock up of things to come in the next few weeks.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
So,

in case any one was interested in my piratically "finished" project he are a few closing snaps!

·
Registered
126 Posts
Is any news/new mods ? Would You share a couple photos of engine ? I`ll be fit in nearest future modified intake manifold (just not sure yet which one - Plazmaman or Zerofab type)
and wonder how is resolve few difficulties- IAC valve(where he is fitted now? ) , dump valve(is fitted BOV or OEM dump valve? )

Thanks for reply
Regards - Taranis

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #78 (Edited)
Is any news/new mods ? Would You share a couple photos of engine ? I`ll be fit in nearest future modified intake manifold (just not sure yet which one - Plazmaman or Zerofab type)
and wonder how is resolve few difficulties- IAC valve(where he is fitted now? ) , dump valve(is fitted BOV or OEM dump valve? )

Thanks for reply
Regards - Taranis
Hey mate. Nothing major really as I'm happy with how the car is.

But I have made a few minor changes. Lol.

Picked up a passenger side recaro so the passengers aren't holding on for dear life in the pants nissan seat.
Lol

Replaced my omp gear knob with a nismo duracon item. Soooooo much better.
And painted the innards of my HKS controller

The only changes on the engine are a new adjustable fuel pressure regulator and a plazmaman fuel rail. Oh and a cooling panel and an alloy rad. Lol

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #79
And to answer your questions

The IACV bolts to the under side on the plenum. It's very tight with the pipes etc but workable.

I don't run a dump valve at all.
I decided to go with the plazmaman plenum over all other styles as I wanted to retain the lower runners to keep the mid range torque. It pulls like a train all the way to redline but have never driven other versions to compare so cant really say if there is a difference. BUT for work wise and access to stuff like oil filters etc. If I was to do it again I would look at otaku garage version. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Knob , rail , alloy rad , panel , seat ,regulator... Really few minor changes :iagree:
Thanks for info about intake mods - so You have complete IAC valve with all belongings (water pipes , bleeder etc...) ? Must be now really pain in ass to change oil filter :)

Regards - Taranis

61 - 80 of 83 Posts