Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
- - - SOLD SOLD SOLD - - -

The time has come for me to sell my beloved Skyline. I'm going for a much more modern car and can't really keep two cars as much as it pains me!

1998 R34 Nissan Skyline 2.5 GTT manual in Black (Nismo). Imported in January 2003 by Bristol Imports Direct.
One owner in the UK prior to me. I have owned the car since August 2005 (and driven it daily).
Mileage currently ~166,000. I bought the car with around 60k showing on the clock. Most of the miles I have done are commuting.
Autowatch 160RLiT professionally fitted CAT 1 alarm and immob.
DanTrack DT100 tracker professionally fitted (previous owner had fitted. I never paid the subscription so don't know if this is working, etc)
MOT April 2017.
I have a mountain of paperwork including the Japanese stuff.

Spec:
Nismo adjustable dampers (from the factory I believe. Not sure the adjustments work as I keep on full stiff always)
Privacy rear glass (from factory)
Xenon headlights
Clear indicators (front/side)
Most bushes replaced with polyurethane on the suspension. I can't remember, but have the paperwork, I tried to get as many changed as was possible.
Whiteline adjustable anti roll bars front and rear.
Grooved brake discs with braided hoses. I still have the brackets for a big brake kit but just went back to normal front discs when I changed. Calipers painted gold proper job by me in 2009 and still look perfect, no peeling/flaking.
Blitz Nur Spec R exhaust. I have a Trust downpipe but it has a couple of holes which need welding so back on standard. I have the baffle for the tailpipe too.
Still has the CAT fitted, but I had a universal decat that can go on.
Apexi pod style air filter.
Greddy Profec B spec-II boost controller
Exedy clutch
Replaced engine built by Garage-D in Feb 2014 (Polished crank, ACL bearings, new piston rings, skimmed head). The original broken when part of my sparkplug tool dropped in during a change - gutted.
R34 GTR wheels.
Sony headunit (a bit out of date) but I have a JBL amp installed running front separates and a 10" sub in the boot (stealth install).

Generally the car is very good. Mechanically I use it everyday for work and goes like a train when needed. I can get 30mpg on long runs and usually fill up every 280-300 miles (always with premium unleaded). I let the car warm up before giving it beans and allow time to cool down. I have replaced the coilpacks in the past, however I have had to swap a couple out as those have broken down too.
I have never had issues with MOT. Worst being things like worn tyres, brake discs, rubber bush, etc. Engine has never used a drop of oil or coolant. I don't do track days and have never had a speeding ticket or accident. Interior is a bit grubby as you would expect, but hasn't got any rips, burn holes, etc. No issues with gearbox, HICAS, electrics, etc.

Bad points:
This is an 18.5 year old car with 166,000 miles that I have used daily since 2005. As such the bodywork is not 100%. I will add some photos but there are a couple of places of bubbles like arches. However there are no dents/bends only a few VERY minor door dings that you have to catch the right angle at to see. Windscreen was replaced recently due to a chip/crack.
I think it probably wants a new set of coilpacks. Very occasionally I get a brief misfire when cruising (once a week for a split second)
The tappets are a little noisy. Been like this since new engine installed.
I think it will want a new radiator. Can get hot if running at naughty speeds for a period. Also the last time I had the air-con re-gassed it lasted around 10 months so I think the rad probably has a small leak (was tested at the time and reported OK. You can hear the motor cut in if you turn it on).
The car can pull ever so slightly to the left. Always has done and I have had it tracked. A bit too much camber on one front side which can't be corrected. I don't even notice this and you can take your hands off the wheel for a brief period so it's not horrendous.
A lot of the servicing has been done by myself (a chartered engineer and previously a race mechanic) but you either trust me or you don't...
Probably will want new rear brake discs for MOT.
Could do with new rear tyres.

This is a very honest car with a very honest seller. I have given you the good and the bad. I would say the car should really go to someone who wants it as a second car and is prepared to take the time and care to bring the body back up to show standard (which it used to be when I would religiously clean it). I will be very sad to see it go.

I have looked at what other similar cars are going for and have decided on £6500 ono.

I am located in Warrington, Cheshire. If you are interested please PM for contact number. Please no time wasters. I will clean it and add more photos when I can

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Now the bad photos. Please bear in mind that none of us likes a time waster, so I put these here so you can see exactly what condition the car is in (no surprises). I wouldn't want anyone to travel a long distance without knowing what the car is like.

Attachments

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here is a short video of my starting the car. It's cold as I only started it to move up the drive and wash it. Started with the door open. You can see me go forwards and backwards while I park

https://youtu.be/Ekg30NKx1Ng

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Had some good interest in the car, but not yet sold (for various reasons on the buyers side). I am putting up some photos of the inside boot floor, engine bay, etc so you can see the car is solid.

I have the engine covers, just not fitted.

There also seems to be a bit of confusion over my stated misfire. The car drives fine, on all 6 cylinders and makes plenty of power. What happens (every few weeks) if you have been following a truck at say 50mph for a while you get a momentary "blip", barely noticeable, and the TCS light comes on. After that it continues to drive fine. It's happened once since I put the advert up in Dec.

Attachments

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Some interior photos. A little bit grubby on seat bums, but it's all there. Drivers seat isn't as dirty as it looks in the first photo.

Attachments

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks. It's only fair as far as I'm concerned. Might be gone by this afternoon.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Car is sold :'(

Best of luck to the new owner!

·
warwickshire Area Rep
189 Posts
It was me :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts