Skyline Owners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 173 Posts

·
The Cunning Linguist
13,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have owned my R34 GTT for around 3 weeks now.
:D
I was looking foward to going on the Tunnel Run arranged by Ann Marie on Sat night. :D

My Girlfriend Nadine and myself decided at about 20:30 on Friday to pop to the local sainsburys for some grub. I pulled out of my drive and went down a short round leading onto the Uxbridge rd. I waited for the main traffic to go, which usually means the lights have changed further down the road, I slowly crept out half way so that I could see around some cars parked at the junction.

It all seemed clear, I edged a bit further across aiming to head across the central crossing.

Out of no where, a green super bike appeared. He was flying, he saw me at the last moment and he attempted to brake, his back wheel locked up and his nose started to dip downwards.

Being a bike man myself, I had calculated that he had plenty of distance to break at 40mph, however his rear wheel swung round to the left of him, I thought "Bugger" or more of a "[email protected]!$". My girlfriend screamed and braced.
I couldnt move the car in time, just then the bike slipped out from underneath him , he went sliding infont of the car whilst my eyes followed his bike which headed straight for my drivers door.

I felt the hard thump and kind of in slow mo the door buckled a i felt this crushing weight slowly hitting my body.

The next thing i remember is lying down in the car and my girlfriend reaching over me for the keys saying that there was fuel leaking and I needed to get out of the car.
She had been out of the car and seen the bike gushing fuel.
I couldnt move my right hand side was frozen.

My main concern was for her, and she was ok so I was very very relieved, my attention then turned to the biker because i couldnt hear him, I could just make out the shaped of people running around outside and shouting.

I know people were seeing to him, and when I heard him shouting and screaming I was so relieved.

Over the next 20 mins I can only remember a few things, the police talking to me through the window, the really nice (sorry nadine , i mean kind) ambulance lady sitting next to me and just talking to me.

They had to cut the door of the car as it had buckled so badly. I was back boarded, neck braced etc and then removed from car.

Nadine came in the ambulance with me, i had my clothes cut off and we were taken to the local a&e.
The bike rider was in cubical next to me, screaming in agonny.
I felt so aweful, doubting my self, did i not look properly , did I pull out too quick.
I remember at the crash scene nadine trying to defend me against a crowd gathered around my car, basically shouting the usual thing about drivers not looking for bikers etc. I remember her shouting, he is a bloody biker, that made me grin a tiny bit.

Anyway, I had to give statement to Police, and breath test etc. I was in neck brace for two days, I had a dislocated shoulder, whip lash and a fractured hip, I will be on crutches for 4 weeks...I am very very lucky that is all i had, if the bike had stayed up right i would not be here now.

The best bit of this. ... traffic cop telling me that it was not my fault.
I had done everything 100% right, the bike rider ...wait for it...after all my worrying about him....

Had STOLEN the bike.....Was travelling at approx 90-100mph in a 40 zone and was possibly over the drink limit too​
. :swear: :swear: :swear: :swear: :swear:

He was in same hospital all weekend, handcuffed of course, but was kicking up a fuss about wanting a cigarrete etc, to the point he got nurses to wheel his bed down 7 floors so he could have a bloody tab!.

Anyway, im home now, bruised sore and very tired.
I have started the insurance police route but am too tired to jump straight in.

I was 2 weeks away from gaining my 4 weeks no claims

Anyway sorry about ranting on but needed to vent my anger a little.
I will post some pics of my car when I get them, I know what men like looking at .

HUGEST BIGGEST THANKYOU TO PITBULL'S MRS!!
I didnt get her name, but she talked to nadine while I was in xray and chatted to me when i was on cart.

THANK YOU. :worshippy: :worshippy:

·
Premium Member
23,136 Posts
Awful! Glad your ok, I take it the biker is fixable too?

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
glad to hear you are both ok. you can replace your car but you cant replace you ( if you know what i mean) hope the insurance company doesn't jerk your chain too long as it was not your fault in any way, but dont hold your breath.
take care and we'll see you in another skyline soon.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I hope you get better soon. I hate ****ers who steal bikes and think that they can handle them, i also have a bike, but NO sympathy for the fella that hit you. You will hate me for saying this, but i'm glad that he hit a car and not a pedestrian/child. I hope that he learns from this and that you are fully compensated for your loss/ injuries.

·
bla
17,374 Posts
shame bout the car....... Hope all gets sorted, and that you can get your hands on the biker....

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
I like the way the crowd assumed it was your fault :shakehead:

Really glad you and the girlfriend are okay though. Big relief

·
hwoarang
1,192 Posts
Really sorry to hear that dude. I'm only 5 mins down the road (Target Roundabout) from you so if you need anything let me know....

·
confused.com
6,592 Posts
nice to hear youre on the road to recovery. as ofr the biker (sorry ill rephrase that ..the [email protected] that stole some poor blokes pride and joy) lets just hope big bad "val" in the prison holding cells introduces himself...hell be screaming for more than a ciggy.

hope its not to long till youre fully recovered and back in a skyline.

·
The Cunning Linguist
13,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Photos of the damage

Popped down to the body shop today to be told she is almost def a right off.
There saying it will cost too much to repair.

Not a happy man.

·
Wassup?
784 Posts
If its just the door thats badly smashed , I can't see it being a write off , My Dads car was much more badly damaged with the bumper ripped off , and passenger side 1/4 panel dented very badly , intercooler and oil cooler also bust and it wasn't a write off , but dad took the money and bought another though.

Kyle.

·
The Cunning Linguist
13,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
If its just the door thats badly smashed , I can't see it being a write off , My Dads car was much more badly damaged with the bumper ripped off , and passenger side 1/4 panel dented very badly , intercooler and oil cooler also bust and it wasn't a write off , but dad took the money and bought another though.

Kyle.

Cheers Kyle,

The guys at the insurance body shop kinda made out that sourcing the parts would be so difficult that write off was the way they were going.

But the only damage is the door/minor floor and front right wing.

Oh and some twat has keyed the paint work on the opposite side.

Balloo2u

·
hwoarang
1,192 Posts

Cheers Kyle,

The guys at the insurance body shop kinda made out that sourcing the parts would be so difficult that write off was the way they were going.

But the only damage is the door/minor floor and front right wing.

Oh and some twat has keyed the paint work on the opposite side.

Balloo2u
Sorry to hear that mate. By looking at the pics I think you can get it repaired.
There was a guy on ebay breaking a GTT around 4-5 weeks ago. Dont know if its still around. Anyway might be an excuse to get some Carbon Fibre doors and wide body kit from Sunline racing :D

·
The Cunning Linguist
13,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Cheers hwoarang,

It's in the hands of Elephant at the mo, I have told them I have sourced parts for it and I need to call their independant engineer to talk to him tomorrow.

It seems a shame to total a car for 5% damage.

Electrics, Engine and Chasis all seem fine.

1 - 20 of 173 Posts