Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is more a general enquiry than technical so thought it okay to put in here.

I have been told on good terms the GTR style FMIC from Japspeed fits my R34 GTT. So I have no reason to question otherwise.

What I would like to know is. Has anyone on here had one fitted to their R34 GTT and if so. Should I attempt fitting myself to save the pennies or is it worth booking into the garage.

:cheers:
Ryan

·
Administrator
14,725 Posts
You could do a group fitting day!

I'll come along if there beers and a BBQ:ylsuper:

I'll bring the angle grinder and i'm sure keith will bring a hammer:naughty:

·
Any Danger!!!
1,486 Posts
When I get back from holiday, I will be looking to get an intercooler! group fitting sounds good

·
Registered
962 Posts
Ryan, first dibs on your stock intercooler when you fit the FMIC?

·
Registered Loser
448 Posts
im up for that cos from what i can make out its harder than fitting one to a r33 so could do with a hand :bigthumb:

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Go away for a weekend and everyone has planned a FMIC day :D

So who else would be interested in a Japspeed FMIC (GTR Style option)?

Chris when are you back from holiday?

The Plamma cutter thing sounds scary. Paul at Japspeed didnt mention anything about that. Said a few have been fitted to R34s with no probs. If it needs it fine but Bruce is not allowed any tools near my car after his angle grinder and hammer comment :eek:

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ryan, first dibs on your stock intercooler when you fit the FMIC?
No probs D-Sleazy. Although if we are doing a bunch of R34s at the same time you might be able to haggle and get a bargain there being so many of them kicking around :D

·
Nurburgring 2009 cumon
1,088 Posts
Ah the big hammer. The answer to all lifes mechanical conundrums :D
No not quite, You also need a big chisel and a crowbar then your set for anything ! :cool:

·
Registered
962 Posts
No probs D-Sleazy. Although if we are doing a bunch of R34s at the same time you might be able to haggle and get a bargain there being so many of them kicking around :D
I'm off getting married next Friday so I doubt I'll be around when the 'mass fitting' takes place. PM me when you're done with the SMIC and we'll sort out a price.

Ta!

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Sleazy - We don't have the FMICs yet so pretty sure you will have got back from the honeymoon by the time fitting comes about but will let you know something as soon as I do :cheers:

hwoarang - More the merrier. Just have to find a location now :) Will update this post as and when I know more.

Question - has anyone taking their front bumper off before? Putting the FMIC on does not phase me just the bumper. Some are as easy as pie to take off others (like my S13 200sx) are a fooking nightmare

·
hwoarang
1,192 Posts
Ryan sound great,

We can fit around 3 Skylines round my yard. 4 if my arsey neighbour lets us block his garage while we do it. However it is on a slope so it may be a bit hazardous if we are going to jack the cars up...

·
Nurburgring 2009 cumon
1,088 Posts
Sleazy - We don't have the FMICs yet so pretty sure you will have got back from the honeymoon by the time fitting comes about but will let you know something as soon as I do :cheers:

hwoarang - More the merrier. Just have to find a location now :) Will update this post as and when I know more.

Question - has anyone taking their front bumper off before? Putting the FMIC on does not phase me just the bumper. Some are as easy as pie to take off others (like my S13 200sx) are a fooking nightmare
Bumpers come off real easy, hammer chisel and a few taps in the right places and your there. :) :smoker:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts