Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys i would like some info.

The gear boxes , manual or auto

ie the auto box is that the tiptronic one , or is it normal auto ?
any help appreciated.

Regards

·
On The Far Side...
203 Posts
Not sure what you want to know exactly. GTT's are available in either 5 speed manual or auto versions. The auto's are triptronic with steering wheel controls...

·
Gets Blown by Twins :D
2,327 Posts
My personal preference for any car is Manual as I like the way it involves you when you're driving rather than the "Go-Kart" feel of a standard Auto. However the GTT Auto (as it's Tiptronic) is just as fun as a Manual (knock it across the gate to Tip and then it's forward/back like a rally car...........almost :D ) or use the buttons on the wheel, so the GTT Auto has a bit from both worlds really.

As a side note I'd like to see what RPM the auto changes at (i.e. is there a sports mode for higher rpm changes etc) and what RPM it's doing at max speed (my manual sits at about 155 from 6500rpm roughly - it's great having an airfield to use at the weekend :D )

·
Registered
469 Posts
IanH said:
However the GTT Auto (as it's Tiptronic) is just as fun as a Manual (
Hmmm - I drove a tiptronic GTT when I was hunting for my car. Pushing buttons to change would have been great if it didn't take SO long.

Now a tiptronic quickshift mated to a decent sequential box - yum.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Autos

I have an Auto and it is a lot of fun, the shift up/down can be a bit slow but when compared to my mates M3 SMG box its not that bad.

It redlines at 7,000 and will bounce off this ceiling if you have it in manual mode. Dont know about the top end yet as I havent dyno'd it yet.

Rgds
Andy

PS If you use the M25 car park much an Auto is the only way to go :D

·
Registered
6,536 Posts
Do bear in mind that the auto is a 4 speed and the manual a five speed so very different ratios used as well.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
3rd gear

Is a dream and pulls all the way to 120mph, so i have been told.

·
milk monitor
1,181 Posts
the thing is the tipronic may feel slow to change gear, but that may also be down to the fact that all you do when in fully auto wait for the gear change, so im sure if you were to time how long it would take to think, ah high revs, reach down, depress clutch and yank your knob, then release clutch etc.... it wouldnt be far off a similar time, especially when you boot it! :) thats what i found, god it took me a while to get used to a sports clutch again after me old gtt! lazy f£t B£st$rd!

·
On The Far Side...
203 Posts
I was very impressed with the GTT auto and came equally close to buying one instead of a manual (only reason I didn't is because I didn't want to have 2 auto cars and no manual)

·
milk monitor
1,181 Posts
no worries mate, i guess the only other thing to consider is if you want to go for big power, because if you did the path may be slightly rougher! :( i was told theyre good for up to 400bhp ish though. :) get and test drive one before you buy mate.
FOURTOES

·
M's Factory
5,240 Posts
Getting your car up to 400 is still enough work and money to do so and more would be more than happy with this even in an auto as some woudl say.

I dont think 400bhp is a barrier in this case its down to how much power someone wants to have. :)

Still havent seen pics of your car yet fourfootdigits :)

·
M's Factory
5,240 Posts
this one :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts