Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im having some issues getting my car to run right. it will start right up fine no problems. when I let it run for awhile and shut it of it doesn't want to start back up. almost like its not getting fuel. could the pump be bad? filter clogged? anyone run into this problem??

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
somewhat yes, not even up to full temperature and it will do it. I changed the fuel filter today and saw a fairly large jump in fuel pressure however the car fired right up no problem about 4 times. the 5th time same story it will crank and sometimes sputter but will not start. I do need a new battery as well but I cant see that being the issue.

·
M's Factory
5,240 Posts
you may want to check out your water sensors and your cold start valve.

If they are playing up once it is warm it may not want to start up, or hesitate then die as it is just too rich to be able to start.

You obviously have spark and fuel in the first place as it wouldn't start without that when it was cold.

good luck and let us know how you get on.

·
M's Factory
5,240 Posts
standing at the front of the car, look at the radiator pipe on the left, follow that back to the engine, you will note where it joins the engine look at the sensors there for water temp.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well I got a new battery and changed the fuel filter and so far it seems a lot better. my only issue now is that my trac, abs, and air bag lights are still on and my 3 gauges in the dash do not light up or work at all still

·
Registered
5,311 Posts
Change the plugs for platinum 0.8mm gap.

The iridium plugs in my r34 gtt caused the same issue. :dogpile:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts