Skyline Owners Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all, after some advice, recently fitted a pair of new rear disc brakes from conceptual on my r34 gtt, they are normal OEM spec discs and I also bought their own EBC quality pad. Now the problem I have been having is that after about 5 minutes of normal driving they start to squeal really bad! I have tried various things to stop the squeal, first I fitted ebc anti squeal self adhesive shims to the pads, changed the grease from copper grease to mintex cera-tec metal free grease, have tried another set of pads from ICP and also a pair of EBC yellowstuff pads all with the same result, everything has been meticulously cleaned and greased and been properly bedded yet still the squeal continues, has anyone had similar problems and is there anything I can do to stop this? thanks adam

·
Administrator
25,978 Posts
brake harder and dont pussyfoot around with them lol

Reactions: ms33

·
Registered
1 Posts
Trust me I've tried that with the only result being the squeal getting so loud that I'm surprised all the windows in a 1 mile radius didn't shatter!
Any chance you found a solution to this? It’s embarrassing to take the skyline anywhere and and I’ve been through two sets of rotors, 4 sets of pads and new hubs

1 - 4 of 4 Posts