Skyline Owners Forum banner

r34 gtt rebuild

685 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Drifter17a 
#1 ·
All,

you may have seen my other post where I mentioned of large smoke. After diagnostic, it worked out one of the cylinder had 75% leak .

Decision is now to do a full forge rebuild to support 700+ bhp at fly.

what he found out was the cylinder with issue had its injector flowing fair bit less fuel and he thinks that is what has done the damage by running it very lean.

I will list the specs and mechanic wants 3k for rebuild as labour. he is one of the best here and all he touches is r34 and skyline

there is then 2.5 for parts.

I then have to spent another 5k pound on turbo , manifold, intercooler etc to get 720 so in total around 11k pound . would you pay that ?

would you pay that ?

spoke to few tuners and some weren't confident on providing warranty on the build due to power but he is .
number of tuners quoted me 1.5k for full rebuild on labour

See less See more
#2 ·
All,

you may have seen my other post where I mentioned of large smoke. After diagnostic, it worked out one of the cylinder had 75% leak .

Decision is now to do a full forge rebuild to support 700+ bhp at fly.

what he found out was the cylinder with issue had its injector flowing fair bit less fuel and he thinks that is what has done the damage by running it very lean.

I will list the specs and mechanic wants 3k for rebuild as labour. he is one of the best here and all he touches is r34 and skyline

there is then 2.5 for parts.

I then have to spent another 5k pound on turbo , manifold, intercooler etc to get 720 so in total around 11k pound . would you pay that ?

would you pay that ?

spoke to few tuners and some weren't confident on providing warranty on the build due to power but he is .

number of tuners quoted me 1.5k for full rebuild on labour
Sounds a lot of money but you are talking big power and lots of man hours to do the rebuild.

Sent from my SM-A505FN using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.