Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
BigBoy
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Will be having a full service done soon, but I want to supply my own parts.. A: As I want to choose what goes in, and B: I'll probably get the parts cheaper....
Car is: R34 GTT , near enough standard, apart from Kaki Exhaust and Trust intake.....
History:
Am 1st UK owner in May... Car Had Oil change done (5w40) and new set of Coilpacks. Mileage 100k

I need: Oil & Filter, Fuel Filter, Cabin Filter, Brake Fluid, Coolant, Spark Plugs.... Un-decided as to whether to buy Gearbox oil and have that changed... (Have done 3k miles since purchase)
I have Motul 5w40 5ltr oil already....
I plan to buy Oil/Fuel Filter from Nissan. Do you guys know the part number for those, or what other car those parts are used on? As sometimes, the Parts guy ain't always switched on.......

Cabin Filter - Done some research, the best I could find that appears to be an exact match, would be to use the same Cabin Filter that fits the: Nissan Maxima QX MKII (2000 - 2003)
I think I got to that car by finding the part number used for the Cabin Filter, and then using cross-ref to find non-oem parts, which lead me to part number: ADN12507 (Blueprint), and then seeing the Maxima QX as a match ?
If you got suggestions, please send my way ! :D

Spark Plugs ? I used to use: NGK BKR7EIX in my S14a.... I prefer to stick with NGK plugs, so given my lack of mods, whats the ideal plugs to use ??
Brake Fluid ? - Just normal dot 4 fluid ?
Coolant ? - Any coolant ok to use ? (say eurocarparts stuff ? ) . Skyline is not my daily......
If I were to buy gearbox oil, what brand/grade have u guys used before ?

My Car:

·
Registered
131 Posts
Hi Stuart,

Your 34 looks really clean! Have you got any plans for it?

I've got a couple more bits on my GTT (low use - second car), but to give you an idea, i use:

Blueprint Oil Filter
Castrol Edge fully synth 10w60 (oil & filter changed at least every 3k miles)
Sytec Hi-flow fuel filter
Green coolant (cant remember the brand)
NGK BKR8IEX spark plugs
DOT 4 brake fluid
Millers TRX Fully Synth 75w90 gear oil

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
Conceptua tuning will be able to sort you out with most of the bits.

My personal opinion would be
BCPR7ES NGK spark plugs
5w40 Mobil1 fully synthetic oil
Conceptua blueprint oil filter
Any green coolant
5DOT1 brake fluid
Nissan gearbox oil (I've used the millers stuff before and cured my problem for a few months then problem came back)
Your gearbox oil should be fine if only done 3k miles
Conceptua fuel filter (not needed at every service but worth a change whilst your changing bits)

·
Super Moderator
9,046 Posts
You should be able to get pretty much all the service parts at Eurocarparts bar a cabin filter and perhaps the sir filter, a 5 or 10W40 semi or fully synth oil will be fine, and quite why you would want to fit colder plugs to a std engine i don't know fit the std heat range of 6 as all you will do is make for harder starting in the cold as the plugs wont self clean if too cold, there is nothing to be gained.

·
BigBoy
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for info guys :)
The cabin filter is the hard one to find....
I know Conceptua do the Cabin Filter for the R34 GTT, but at £60, its a bit steep...
And they keep the part number hidden, so u cant cross-ref the part....
I found other ways to find the part number of the cabin filter that fits the car, and cross-ref to end up with the 'Blueprint ADN12507" part that fits the Maxima QX, but also should fit the GTT :)
I'll give it a go anyway! :)

·
BigBoy
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Am I right to think: NGK BKR8EIX Plugs are standard to the R34 GTT
I can get 6 for £38 delivered.....

As for the Cabin Filter, I have ordered that already, cost £14 for a Genuine Nissan Cabin/Pollen Filter... Once you dig deep, and Cross-ref, u see the other cars the same parts were used on....

·
Super Moderator
9,046 Posts
Am I right to think: NGK BKR8EIX Plugs are standard to the R34 GTT
I can get 6 for £38 delivered.....

As for the Cabin Filter, I have ordered that already, cost £14 for a Genuine Nissan Cabin/Pollen Filter... Once you dig deep, and Cross-ref, u see the other cars the same parts were used on....
No! heat range 8 is far to cold for a std engine, yours will be NGK BKR6EIX

·
BigBoy
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey guys, don't suppose any of you know Nissan Part numbers, for Oil/Fuel ???
I tracked down the part numbers for the R34 RB25DET NEO bits I need to be:
Oil Filter - Nissan OEM 15208-53JOA / 53JOO
Fuel Filter - 16400-41B1A

But when I called Nissan Dealer in Sunderland (evans halshaw), the guy said he don't have either part in stock, and the Part numbers he said were different to what I tracked down!
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm !

Parts I have so far are:
Motul 5w40 oil
NGK BKR6EIX-11 Plugs
Cabin Filter (Nissan OEM - Part Num: B727B-79925) - Lucky find, as paid £14 for them!

·
BigBoy
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hey guys....
I ordered my Oil & Fuel Filter from: Conceptual Tuning....

The fuel filter I received is bigger/wider than the Nissan OEM one.....
Should it make a difference ? the clamp that holds the filter in place, if I were to guess, looks like it can hold a wider filter, but then looks can be deceiving! anyone fitted a bigger fuel filter to the GTT ?

·
Super Moderator
9,046 Posts
Its not going to cause any problems...providing you can secure it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts