Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me the size of the standard speakers (front and rear) on an R34 gtt? I want to upgrade the current standard items but dont want to start hacking anything apart.

·
Gets Blown by Twins :D
2,327 Posts
Stoner - The rears are 13cm I think but PM Muesli (he owns VoodooTech car audio place) and he'll be able to help you more.

·
has a large tool
1,467 Posts
i bought some 7x10 and just cut the metal in the back of the shelf, cut my hands to bits, but the sound is well worth the blood and pain, so i just had to install a pioneer dvd/tv stereo.......but i only bought new speakers as some jap had replaced the originals with some crappy cheap bush speakers which distorted at any sign of base

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
Muesli replace my standards with identically sized pioneers (to match my chosen head unit).

They are 17cm all round (in doors and back shelf).

·
Registered
6,536 Posts
I have the Bose upgrades in mine and to say they lack bass would be an understatement, with a sub they are great though.

Nice looking GTV by the way sco-j:cool:

·
Gets Blown by Twins :D
2,327 Posts
Grinder said:
They are 17cm all round (in doors and back shelf).
Are you sure about the rear ones as mine were definately 13cm standard nissan paper ones (can't remember about the fronts tho' ). The sound quality was horrible which was why I changed them.

Nick - I've got a 10" sub and it really makes a huge difference. You can fit it to one side and a small enough amp will fit next to the HICAS computer (and I've never had a HICAS wobble either) so it's out of the way. I'll be sticking some photo's up when I get my car back.

·
Registered
6,536 Posts
I have still got to place mine away properly, just in the boot attached to the board at the moment and takes up too much space.

I thought the rears in mine were 13cm also Tim...

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
Maybe I'm wrong - maybe its not 17cms all round. I hope to see someone correct me (or confirm me right!).

I'm tempted by an active base tube, so no separate amp. Also Pioneer.

·
Registered
6,536 Posts
Do it Grinder - you know you wany too:D It will fit in really easily on the rear ledge as well - wish I had gone that route with mine now.

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
Nick MW said:
Do it Grinder - you know you wany too:D It will fit in really easily on the rear ledge as well - wish I had gone that route with mine now.
Well my mum is asking for present ideas :D

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'm gonna have to see your car sco-j :cool:
I've just put an Alpine screen and a dvd player player in mine and a sub in the boot,hence the need to upgrade the other speakers!
I've got a new pair of Alpine 6x9's but i've been really reluctant to carve up the rear shelf so i need convincing that its worth it!

·
has a large tool
1,467 Posts
its worth chopping the back shelf i as i recon no sub is needed, enough base without them, but i have got 7x10 kenwoods, but i did say, my hands looked liked freddy croogers, and the metal isnt thin, but if u have 6x9's then u'll need to chop chop anyway

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
With all this chopping about on the back shelf, if anyone is throwing away their standard rear-shelf-speaker-grills I need some for mine!! Could make it worth yer while :D (I'm talking money there by the way :crazy: )

1 - 20 of 31 Posts