Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys 👋🏼

recently my skylines making a ticking noise somewhere under the hood but only when i have it in gear. It’s an automatic and runs amazingly. In park or neutral there’s nothing but a great sounding exhaust but if I accelerate in gear there’s this annoying ticking/tapping noise that you can hear along with the air intake --. It’s not super loud but it’s just ticking away enough to hear it and make me worried -_-

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Are you sure it’s not detonation? In U.K. we use the term ‘pinking’. Which is detonation

Only occurs when you boot it and is not healthy for the engine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah I don’t have to boot it for it to happen. As long as it’s in gear if I accelerate really slow or normal or fast it makes the same sound 🤷🏼‍♂️

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Plus there is no overheating or anything else that’s out of the ordinary. To be honest I’m really confused haha and the coil packs have been replaced with new ones about 3 months ago.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Can you narrow it down to a certain area of the engine bay and try and get a vid perhaps?
Sounds like it’s coming from the front left side of the engine bay. Like the air intake is fluttering. Did try to get a good recording but didn’t come out so well. Will get another and post a link for you.

·
Super Moderator
8,994 Posts
First off does it tick at engine speed IE does it increase with RPM?
Did it just suddenly start with no lead up?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts