Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Noob until taught otherwise :D
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I've had an idea and I want to know (educated) peoples ideas on it.

I have 3 R33 Skylines at the moment (1x GTST that is fairly modified but fire damaged), 1x Sedan that is my daily driver, and 1x GTS4 R33 coupe that is mechanically sound but heavily crash damaged).

I also have an RB30 that I am building. I want to take the 25det from the GTST and put it in my sedan, put the RB30 in the GTST and then sell the GTST.

Now my question is, if I were to purchase a R34 Coupe when I sell the R33 GTST and using parts from the GTS4 floor pan, would the R33 parts be able to fit into the R34 shell? I'm not too concerned about wiring and cost of fabrication as I am auto sparky that also used to work at a Nissan dealership.

Only reason I ask is because I've always wanted an R34 GTR since I played Gran Turismo 2 (I know, I know) and chances of me buying one are very slim as prices are sky rocketing. Plus it would be cool to basically build it from the ground up.

·
Registered
291 Posts
i would look at buying a stagea gts4 after youve sold your r33 etc and then buy a 34 shell,you'd then have a much easier swap over for the mechanicals and wiring etc plus the stageas are still relatively cheap as they are unknown really ,been thinking about making a stagea sleeper but as i already have a 34 my wife just gives me THAT look if a mention about the idea

·
Noob until taught otherwise :D
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I thought about a Stagea, but since I live in New Zealand they are actually pretty common here, and they go for around the same money as a Skyline.

I did price some new chassis rails for the R33 through Nissan (where I worked up until a few months ago) and they were cheaper than I thought they would be. I was thinking since I would have had to do that anyway I might just get R34 ones and get it all done properly. Mainly because in NZ they are real strict on chassis modifications, and it needs to be complied.

I have thought about the wiring side of things, and I can treat the engine and awd system as separate. Like wire in the engine as normal, and then use a ATESSA ETS controller for the AWD system. I think that might be ideal for simplicity of wiring.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts