Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Over the last month I have spent a small fortune on my little pride and joy. So far I have bought

Carbon Bonnet
Decat
Exady Organic Clutch
Bee R rev limiter
Z32 AFM
FMIC

and a few other bits a bobs so next I was going to get the Power FC with Hand Controller and the AVCR Boost controller but I was thinking last night I have still got the standard turbo so wouldn’t I be better off going for the new tuby first then the powerfc? Otherwise I am going to have to get the car mapped twice once with the current setup and then again once I get the new turbo.

Also what turbo options are available for the R34 GTT? I am looking for a direct replacement don’t think I want to change the setup to a top mount.

:cheers:

·
Old Git
4,826 Posts
It certainly makes sense to get an uprated tubby and the Power FC etc. all fitted and mapped at the same time.

A reworked standard tubby should see the best part of 400bhp or Andy wubbleyou got good results with his (HKS?) tubby.

You will need some 550cc injectors and an uprated fuel pump too.

·
Registered
3,015 Posts
second what bubble said, if you cant afford tubbie and PFC i would get the PFC mapped and set up and then turbo afterwards, at least then you enjoy the power increase bit by bit!

·
AKA RSP
4,762 Posts
If you want some decent priced injectors I have a set forsale in the sales section. I would go for a profecB as it controls boost alot nicer than a AVCR and then get the standard turbo rebuilt.

If you want to save yourself some money we can map your standard ecu to save the cost of a powerFC.

Richard

·
AKA RSP
4,762 Posts
Nope :) The ecu can be programmed for bigger injectors and AFMs etc just like the PFC.

You also get to keep your knock control, diagnostics port etc etc.

·
AKA RSP
4,762 Posts
Mapping costs would be the same. There would be a charge for modifying the ECU but this would be small compared to the cost of a PFC. The only problem there might be with the R33 is the fact the chips used are write once only so if you had a map done and decided you wanted to do some more mapping later there would be the cost of a chip! (aprox 25) This is not a problem on the others as they are erasable :)

·
Registered
6,536 Posts
Rising Sun Performance said:
If you want to save yourself some money we can map your standard ecu to save the cost of a powerFC.

Richard
Blimey Rich - things moving on well down there mate :cool:

I guess that this has the advantage of automatically retarding ignition etc when required as well so actually probably better than a PowerFC??

Missing mine a LOT now and Richard's conversion with the reworked standard tubby on the GTT is fantastic....

·
AKA RSP
4,762 Posts
Hi Nick,

As you know chipping standard ECU`s is very common in Japan and that for a reason :) The only downside is it takes a fair amount of equipment to do it. :)

pitbull,

A rough guid would be £300 mapping and £100 to modify the ECU. All done on our in house Dyno with before and after sheets etc.

Richard

·
4,143 Posts
econ.i would get a downpipe and turbo elbow,injectors and fuel pump.a turbo would make sense then once mapped should have some nice power.400bhp or around that.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts