Skyline Owners Forum banner

R34 GTT Vs. R34 GTR

163K views 38 replies 12 participants last post by  BigV69er 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Hello

I am a newb!!! haha

What is the difference between the two?

To me cosmetically the only difference is the Screen that tells u how much it throttles and oil and what not... also the GTR emblems...

But motor wise what is it??

How much is a 2000 r34 GTT worth?? in US dollars

How much is a 1999 r34 GTR VspecII worth ?? US dollars

Please tell me which one you all recommend... if you are not rich...

#2 · (Edited by Moderator)
Welcome to the forum,

I would be here all day talking about the differences but the main ones are:

R34 GTR
-----------
Rb26DETT (2.6 litre Twin Turbo)
4WD

R34GTT
-----------
Rb25DET (2.5 Litre Single Turbo)
RWD

The rest are too much to explain,

Go on wikipedia and search skyline :D

Hope this helps

#4 · (Edited by Moderator)
Welcome to the club.

The r34 GTR is the ultimate skyline as in its the last in the line of GTR's with the skyline brand. in fact all gtr's are the top model of their era, the GTT will be close behind spec wise, as in its next down the line for the 34 model.

GTR - 2.6 twin turbo 4WD
GTT - 2.5 single turbo RWD
GT - 2.0 non turbo RWD

If I could choose either id would be the GTR, but if your not rich then either go for the 33 GTR or the 34 GTT, I think you might find it hard getting the 34 into the states though.

#12 · (Edited by Moderator)
Really?

Well because there is a guy here in the States, who has a r34 gtt and a gtr, and the gtt looks like it has a twin turbo so I'm thinking that he put the twin turbo motor on... he also has a body kit on it... and he is selling them a lot different.

The gtt is half the price of the gtr.

The only thing is that the gtr is a Kaizo, and I want an original gtr not a Kaizo.

#13 · (Edited by Moderator)
The only way you can tell if it has been converted to a twin turbo is if you open the hood... if it says RB26 on the block then you know that it's been converted.

As for the price difference, the components and rarity of the 2 cars are the reason.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.