Skyline Owners Forum banner

261 - 280 of 315 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #261
Heated, reflowed with a nice extra blob of solder just to make sure:

Reassembled, bit of sikaflex to seal the top back on. Spent 20 mins cleaning the stuff off everything else in the house as it gets everywhere no matter how careful you are. AFM refitted and took the car out for a drive, or rather absolutely caned it, holding mid and full boost. No issues at all, touch wood I think it is fixed. There was no need to blow 50 notes on more plugs but i've got some spares now for when i can get the mapping done.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #264
Just a little update, some bits arrived to tide me over whilst awaiting the turbo. A few parallel projects running with this lot.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #266
The brackets are hinges to fit a gtr bonnet, the single thing is the bonnet latch and the big white thing at the top is a top mole addition to convert the gtt front bumper so I can fit a short bonnet. I haven't yet decided which one I'm going for yet :)

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #267
MOT problem with a worn ball joint boot perished on the lower arms.

Ordered some replacement arms from Driftworks very snazzy and orange to sort the MOT out. Decided that I really should replace the lot over the next few months.

Nice :)

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #268
Here's an interesting predicament. Trying to fit the smoked sidewinkers, easy job but trouble screwing the bulb holder back in. #%#$ing hell, Nissan or to be more precise Nismo decided to manufacture these with 3 tab holes not 4 so it's never going to go on. Now trying to source some replacement bulb holder sockets with 3 tabs and is proving nigh on impossible.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #270
Bit of an ordeal getting hold of some bulb holders but after ending up with 3 of them finally got the job done :)

They even work

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #273
There's a bendy clip on it, on the drivers side you push it horizontally forwards to the front of the car and the back end pops out. Passenger side you push back to the rear.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #276
Got all the driftworks arms on. Certainly feels a bit firmer though more clunky over the bumps. In for 4 wheel laser alignment tomorrow as the tracking is well out!

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #277
Look at that neg lol.

Too much neg and a very twitchy back-end meant that I had to get this sorted out quickly.
Dropped in at HiQ / Bush Tyres Hull for 4 wheel laser alignment.

All done and wow, what a difference. Steering spot on, accelerates better with no back end wriggling. Report shows how badly out it was to begin with.

Well worth the money and drive home was wonderful :)

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #280
Just a small update, following a bit of a disaster on the turbo situation made a purchase of a Cusco Strut Brace to tide me over. Went for this one for a few reasons - firstly i cannot fit the pricey titanium ones without going side mount on the plenum so that rules out the Mines, HKS and Nismo units. The Cusco matches my rear brace and is quite smart and I like how it is complete rather than clawed around the towers.

With the weather improving time to get cracking again :)

261 - 280 of 315 Posts