Skyline Owners Forum banner

281 - 300 of 315 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #284
At long last, after a few false starts, some let downs and a truck crash during shipping causing a previous purchase to be impounded, I have at last sourced a suitable turbo. Gone for an HKS 3037 pro S.
These are pics of the actual item that should be arriving with me shortly....
:)

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #288
Got an HKS actuator coming to fit then hopefully will get turbo installed after summer hols ready for mapping in the autumn....should everything go to plan.
Finally, one last pic for the benefit of Mr Kain :D

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #291
Thanks guys! I can't wait to get cracking....really end up wishing your life away with this hobby.

As for the oil feed...I'll be fitting the HKS restrictor for the 3037. Part number: 1408-RA02. This is the one for the GT series which i am assuming is their version of the Garrett .8mm.

I don't have any spare but they are about 20 notes and easy to find.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Nice piece of metal U got bro :)
It`s made by Garret ?If yes what series ( 3071,3076 ? ) ...Been waiting for dyno plot - currently looking for upgrade and can`t decide - Garret or Borg Warner (or just evo X turbo :) )

Regards - Taranis

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #294
Very quiet as of late, but just starting to get my act together for some more updates.
In the mean time both the mishimoto hose has split and the driftworks lower arms have failed. The play on the arms is excessive and caused MOT fail, wearing out in just 2 years.
Both items are covered by lifetime warranty, and so far Driftworks have been really helpful in trying to rectify as there is a known fault on these. Mishomoto looking at warranty claim and i will keep this thread updated with the outcome. This branded kit is not cheap by any means so here's hoping both suppliers will do the honorable thing.

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
Very quiet as of late, but just starting to get my act together for some more updates.
In the mean time both the mishimoto hose has split and the driftworks lower arms have failed. The play on the arms is excessive and caused MOT fail, wearing out in just 2 years.
Both items are covered by lifetime warranty, and so far Driftworks have been really helpful in trying to rectify as there is a known fault on these. Mishomoto looking at warranty claim and i will keep this thread updated with the outcome. This branded kit is not cheap by any means so here's hoping both suppliers will do the honorable thing.
Sorry to hear this, sucks big time specially the arms being f*cked after 2 years?! If they knew about the fault why do they keep selling them lol!!!

Fingers crossed about the mishimoto hose, but from my experience it's never easy to get suppliers to play ball with this sort of stuff.

Look forward to reading more when the updates come :)

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #296
Replacement parts on the way from Driftworks, can't fault their service really. Also got some new boots for them which i've been advised elsewhere to fill with CV grease and tie wrap the ends.
Slightly annoyed that driftworks don't bundle these with the arms or recommend the above even though they sell them separately. In fact they have a Mythbusters vid somewhere claiming to get 30,000 miles or something out of these joints, I'm not sure that stands up to scrutiny.
But on the whole, fantastic service from Driftworks (Thanks Alex).

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #298 (Edited)
Well been a long long time since I've last posted on here, but have a few updates to close my Skyline chapter. As with always life kind of gets in the way and other expenses meant the car, though not neglected and always well maintained was not the primary outlet for investment....

Anyway small update, the rear washer jet had stopped working, a niggle I've had lived with for a little while, but anything not right with the car drives me insane and I have to deal with it, so better weather and all that.

R34 washer jet pumps are impossible to find now, so I thought stuff it, i'll buy an R35 GTR set (yes i know anything would work but I'm very fussy over using 'proper' parts). The old connectors were shot too.

Fit the new pumps and relocate the bottle from its stupid position in to the bay where it can be accessed easily. Had to re-run the hose and solder a new wiring loom so it all fits tidily.

Treated the car to a wash and wax, but those headlights needed some attention. Came out pretty good :)

Attachments

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #299
After investing in a new battery late Feb last year, first trip out on 1st March ended up with a rear end shunt from some clown not looking where they were going, suspect probably on their damn phone. Minor injuries to myself, slightly worse for my daughter but the Kakimoto exhaust smashed off, the Zacotec light brackets cracked and the S-Tune bumper cracked and broken :(

Attachments

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #300 (Edited)
So...then the world closed down. New exhaust ordered from Japan, and car having a stay at Elite Bodyworx (elitebodyworx.co.uk)

Thankfully nothing structural is damaged, the exhaust took the brunt of the impact, which was not straight on, so had smashed out sidewards. The rear crash panel was not destroyed and the bumper cracks can be re-glassed and the lights, aside from a reverse bracket survived too.

281 - 300 of 315 Posts