Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
Yeah, there seems to be a fair few around, I've only seen one other in real life though - and that was the one that made me buy mine :D hehe

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
I think it must be series 1? 1999 Tiptronic edition.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
mine is a series 2, 5 speed manual. Easiest way to tell is the grill, series 1 have a narrow R32 looking grill and the series 2 have a more open one with a black criss cross thing with the skyline s in the middle

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
yeah, I thought it was down to the body kit. Is it possible to just change the grill or would I need to get a whole new front bumper as I prefer the open black cross, more like GTR style to the plain one.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
As I understand it the front bumpers are swappable. Over here the grill and some engine mods are the main differences between models.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
you may be right though, the GTt was only a supposed 2 1/2 year model run, 1998 to 2000 and a half. No idea how they account for the 2001 and 2002 model. My model was called the face lift model here, and was released late 2000

·
Registered
4,219 Posts
'98 GT-t. Narrow grill. S1 or S2? Don't know. What else gives it away? Take a look at the link in me signature. There's pictures of the engine bay and all in there. What do you reckon? Could almost definitely say it's an S1 anyway because it's such an early model.

·
The Cunning Linguist
13,826 Posts
Helloo

I wanna join in too ...:D

Top one is what im driving at the mo, bottom one was my deceased.

Havent got a clue between type 1 & 2!

·
Registered
4,219 Posts
Your current has the same spoiler as mine. Have to say I way prefer it too! Get yourself a nismo kit there and you'll be looking the biz, especially in that colour. You did well to get a second one the same colour.

·
The Cunning Linguist
13,826 Posts
Cheers thescotsman,

I actually prefered the 80's big wing of my first one. However the small one is growing on me. I am on the hunt for the same alloys as I had last time, some tinted repeaters and windows.

Was kinda thinking of sorting out a GTR front on her.

Believe it or not mate, I couldnt find what I was looking for in any other colour, 5 Silvers for sale when I got this one. Was after red or black.

This one stood out though due to 24k on the clock.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Oh well, who really know what is what. I prefer the the other grill myself. I will dig out some pics of mine

·
Registered
4,219 Posts
24k? Wow, that's pretty rare. Take a look at my pics (The link in my signature). That's the nismo kit. The GTR bumper would look well alright, just remember you'd have to get fairly low side skirts and rear bumper as well to follow the line of the car.

·
The Cunning Linguist
13,826 Posts
Like the white mate, my GF forbid me from getting one. :whip:

See your is manual, Im a lazy C!"£ and went for the Tip.

Went over mine with a fine toothcombe, the only bad point was a small crack on the aircon screen.

That and the god awful stock shoes she's wearing. :nono:

1 - 20 of 45 Posts