Skyline Owners Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I have just bought a new head unit for my 34 GTT, as the leads do not match up I have bought an adaptor same as this one

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/PC2-76-4-Nissan-Murano-Skyline-Terrano-Almera-ISO-Lead_W0QQitemZ270406710930QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Cars_Parts_Vehicles_Terminals_Cabling_ET?hash=item3ef57ef692

Only problem is I have no power. :confused: Talking to the bloke in the shop, he recons the uk model V-spec will work straight off but because it is an import some of the power leads are the wrong way around. Any advice please?

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
B4 i dig the camera out and take a photo, could the problem be that the unit needs to be grounded. I see some of the people with 33's have this problem, same with the 34?

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Tidy, does make sense. First thing 2moz i'll have a look. Thanks and will let you know how i get on

·
Registered
252 Posts
Hi, changed mine over at xmas. Used an adaptor , checked the live feeds etc, turned out the black wire (earth) on the adaptor didn,t connect to anything on the loom . So i cut it and earthed it to one of the 4 screws above the stereo. Worked a treat.

·
Banned
433 Posts
Hi, changed mine over at xmas. Used an adaptor , checked the live feeds etc, turned out the black wire (earth) on the adaptor didn,t connect to anything on the loom . So i cut it and earthed it to one of the 4 screws above the stereo. Worked a treat.
same as me

did this last night. I cut the plug off the orignal wiring then hard wired a ISO plug to it to make it nice and easy in the future.

Just a little high jack. so any one know here where i can get a facial adaptor from for the R34

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It worked, the way i done it was cut the black cable of the adaptor then ran a lead to one of the screws up above where the cd player would go twisted the other end with one part of the cable i just cut and stuffed it all in a through crimp. Tidy job
Only problem is with a motorised screen you need to swap the cd player and tray around as the heater controlls get in the way

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.