Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im planning on doing the following mods by step:
1. Turbo Back Exhaust
Does a de-cat pipe do that much hp increase? or having like a 5" cat do more hp increase?

2. Boost Controller
Since R34's intercooler is good enough up till 200kwrw im not willing to waste money on a FMIC. However, should i boost the psi down to 10 instead of something like 12????

3. SAFC
Im planning on also installing an Apexi SAFC, and ive heard something of SAFCII which i have no idea about. Whats that? Im in Sydney by the way,

·
hwoarang
1,192 Posts
1. Yes an exhaust will give you some BHP increase but will get better results with a De-cat and a down pipe. Also get an Apexi intake kit to help the engine breathe better.

2. A boost controller will help but stock Turbo will only take upto 0.85 bar max. After that its pot luck on whether your Turbo will last.

3. You will overfuel with the above mods so you will need some sort of piggyback ECU professionally mapped to get the best results. Also will depend on whether you car is a tiptronic or not on what ECU you can use.

·
Registered
8,411 Posts
To #1:
Use a decent exhaust with decat pipe, downpipe and turbo elbow. Especially turbo elbow and cat are very restrictive.

·
Registered
8,411 Posts
You can use the Apexi SAFC, Apeci SAFC II and Apexi SAFC NEO on manual and tiptronic ones as they are "only" piggybacks. You can adjust your fueling with them which wil be necessary after fitting breathing mods, lifting up the boost etc.

You can also go for a "real" standalone ECU like Apexi Power FC, Greddy Emanage, HKS F-Con etc. Here you can´t use every unit with tiptronic cars. As yours is a manual you would probably do best by buying a Power FC cause they´re for reasonable price and do a good job.

·
Registered
92 Posts
well 2 weeks ago i blew my turbo while driving on 0,8 bar, with high speed and no fuel mapping, im about to buy me a apexi neo.

But after reading these posts im a bit in doubt.
i drive a R33 spec 2 GTST.
got an apexi air intake, decat, cat back, dumppipe, boostcontroller.
wich is more wise to buy an apexi afc NEO so i can map my air-fuel and drive it safely? or an apexi power fc with hand commander?
does the power fc has the same use as an NEO?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts