Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm currently running an NA R34, found an RB25DET for a R33, what all do I need to make the conversion.

Obvious would be engine, and tranny.

What about rear diff, wiring, etc? any ideas?

want to make sure i get everything all in one go!

·
No longer a rep :( but still here :)
6,432 Posts
See my project thread im doing this atm. Need to change the coil packs but thats about it. You dont need to change the box or running gear. just some very basic wiring and coilpacks

·
Regular DWYB'r
807 Posts
I believe you need:

RB25DET Engine & Manual Box, front end of the R33 GTST prop (this can be mated to the rear of the R34 prop). Gear lever, clutch pedal, brake pedal, clutch master cylinder, ECU. AFAIK the AFM is the same.

There are some good guides on Skylines Australia for this type of conversion.

There are probably some traders on here that could do you a complete pallet load of bits to do the conversion. If you get no joy try Gavin at Drift Bitz.

Ian. :)

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
turbo the engine you have in,there good for 450bhp without lowering the comp with the right mods
do tell? I saw a thread about a guy turbo'ing his, he said he spent around 3k, which isn't a problem, but he didn't explain anything special he did.

mines is auto, so i'd have to get a manual tranny. then what? ecu from a 34GTT, stock turbo and a dyno tune? lol seems too easy...?

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok,I think all in all I found all I need. That will be a backshop project, assuming I get another 3 years in Germany. If not it's an R32 and back to the states for me

1 - 10 of 10 Posts