Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey folks, i have an r34 GT4, 4 door! im currently in the process of gathering parts to turbo charge my motor.

I would like to run NEO rb25DET pistons, I just don't know if the pistons will work or not. Has anyone done this or knows and can show me infact it will work
I beleive the head is mechanically identical, apart from the ports, correct?

Can anyone link me to technical information relating to the piston/con/crank height and stroke? if i can compare the NA pistons max height to the turbo pistons height, it should be of great help.

also i plan to drop tomei PON cams, type B
permitted my values after swapping the pistons go to OEM NEO RB25DET are that of OEM spec.

·
Registered
6,068 Posts
Unless you happen to have R34 GTT Neo pistons lying around it will probably be more expensive to source those pistons & rings rather than buy forged ones...

Be extremely careful with the RB25DE intake manifold- some of the gaskets are unobtainable ;)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was hoping i could source some for cheap, as i dont plan to run crazy boost, the Oem pistons will work. But if i find a set and it costs 1000$, ill just buy some CP pistons and rods or whatever, no point in buying OEM at the cost of after market which will be stronger.

And as for the gaskets i know! i was replacing my coil packs and one of them ripped a little, and i couldnt find it anywhere, but good thing is that its an organic gasket, and im just going to go to NAPA and buy a sheet of the stuff so i can just cut out my own gasket to replace the broken one, next time i open it up.

·
Premium Member
1,936 Posts
just leave the de pistons in and turbo it,its been done many times but will restrict you to about 450/470bhp atf with supporting mods

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was originally planning to do that, but with the power levels i want, and the set up im going to buy, it would be safer to limit myself by fuel instead of mechanical related issues, im aiming for about 450 or so WHP in a AWD car, and that means ill need to run some half decent boost, and depending what happens in a personal matter, i may have extra cash to buy a haltech ECU and a piston rod combo.

·
Premium Member
1,936 Posts
i had about 400ath at 15psi boost with no turbolag so a very good drive without the lag that most 400bhp cars have ,its alot of money and time just to gain 50bhp

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hmm i suppose your right. But reliability is also in question for me. and the car will be driven very hard.
have you ran into any problems with your old setup?

·
Premium Member
1,936 Posts
no probs ran it for 6/7 years the engine was like new when i stripped afterwards ,lots in aus and nz always use +t's because of the constant power with no lag, tiger white being one of them

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Im running a Holset HX35 and after some searching its a pretty laggy turbo, people with pon cams are getting power at around 3500-4000RPM. and without those id imagine it would be impossible to make any worthwhile power

What turbo did you have?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
hahahaha thats awesome man, 70 odd HP on a 3PSI difference. I really like what you did with the plenum did you have any problems with cylinder 6 or any of the rear cylinders leaning out/choking?

and i see what you mean, that was a nice power band. and thats all OEM internals eh

·
Premium Member
1,936 Posts
the 3psi difference was going from standard r33 gtst turbo upto the hybrid and engine was totally unopened standard r33 rb25de all cyls were running 175 or_ 2psi psi +

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
not bad, the turbo works much better than OEM clearly XD

so all you did was chop the runners plug them off and open the new hole, weld on the pipe?

What about the throttle body what did you do to make that work?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts