Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I’ve done a bit of searching through the forum and google, and can’t seem to find the answer to this...

I’m going to be polishing some small swirl marks / imperfections on my paint - not bad condition at all, just minor corrections needed.

How hard is R34 Skyline paint? I ask because I’m still deciding which polishes I’m going to need. Could anybody enlighten me please? Otherwise I will just have to wing it when I come to polishing starting off very gently!

Thanks,
Chris

·
Super Moderator
8,969 Posts
Just machine polish with Farecla G10 or profile 500 or similar swirl remover, don't linger on edges and you will be fine.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you, I think it generally should be fine too, was just a bit curious about how hard the older Nissan paints were. I read good things about Poorboy’s polish so will have a go with these.

·
Super Moderator
8,969 Posts
Don't worry too much about hardness, its more paint thickness that is the main consideration when doing paint correction, some makes are really thin, Honda for example, but with a very low cut compound like the swirl removers I wouldn't worry too much.

Believe it or not a soft fresh paint is more resilient than a hard aged paint, I have nibbed and polished paint that's less than 24 hours old.

·
Registered
58 Posts
If you are doubtful of using machine to polish your paint, do it by hand and make sure to use the least abrasive method to be safe.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I use a porter cable DA and chemical guys compounds, I've been cleaning cars for years and nothing has come close to how good the chemical guys stuff is.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts