Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read this on another post but it was about swapping the auto box for a manual.

there is some wiring to do a rb25 box will do clutch flywheel release bearing spiggot bush prob will need ecu or else you will have a funny idle as auto ecu is different but it should work if you just want to get it going you will also need to drill the fire wall for the master cylinder and you will need a slave cylinder its eaiser to do with the engine out hows that for ya
my question is will the R34 GTT manual box work with the R33 ECU? ive read that the R33 gearbox is differnt to the R34 GTT one, something about a push pull type system? so i guess i cant use the R33 gearbox in my car without fitting a diff slave clyinder or summat along those lines?

jus to clarify - I have an R34 GT and fitted an R33 gtst engine and although my GT gearbox works with the engine ive been told it wont last long when i start upping the power.

·
White/carbon r34
1,051 Posts
il tell u what i know.
i have a r34 gtt which has a r33 bottom end but using my r34 gtt gearbox and clutch. the two boxs are different cant remember which is push or pull but thats what mine is runing.
duno how helpful this info is.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Correct. The GTT is like the R33 GTR and uses a pull type clutch. You will have to use a different slave as it mounts in reverse of the one on your current gearbox. I take it your car is just a GT (non turbo), in which case the gearbox is a little weaker I'm lead to believe. You can find some pretty detailed specs on Skylines Australia as they do a lot of work like that down under.

Push type clutches are cheaper (slightly) and a new slave cylinder is as cheap as chips as a 200sx one will fit. Just remember to put a sticker in the car to remind you of the clutch type if you swap boxes.

I have a R33 GTST gearbox in my R34 GTT and its fine. Really good box and no issues. Its in there about 15000kms now and never had a problem. I have a Nismo clutch line on there as well so the clutch feels really good.

Best of luck with whatever you decide.

John

1 - 3 of 3 Posts