Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 98 R34 skyline GT (NOT GTT or GTR) looking to find stock replacement brake rotors and pads, or a full set to swap rotors and calipers to the bigger GTT style. any info on used setup or aftermarket and what would be needed to swap, appreciated.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
would the GTT rotors and caliper bolt to the stock GT components or would entire hubs need to be swapped out to accept mounting of the GTT calipers? etc.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so from what I can find out, it seems that most agree that If your r34 non turbo car still has the standard GT brakes setup that the brake rotors and calipers from a GTT will bolt right up to the no turbo stock hubs, a few holes will have to be drilled larger to accept the calipers, but sounds like it would work. all agree or any other input?

·
Registered
222 Posts
My R34 GT (non-turbo) fronts had 14mm holes in the mountings with of course, 14mm bolts through into the callipers. I upgraded to R32 GTR callipers which have 12mm threads so I used the bolts from the R32 and put 14mm stainless tube with a 1mm sidewall into the mounting holes to sleeve the bolt.

I've heard it said that some GTs will have 12mm mounting holes which means that you'd need to do some drilling to get the GTT 14mm bolt through the mountings. But mine was 14mm so if I'd put on a set from a GTT then everything would have bolted up perfect. You might have the same so worth pulling a bolt out and taking a quick look.

As I recall rear bolt sizes are all 12mm - the same across the models.

You'll also need to modify the back plates with an angle grinder or hammer to remove or flatten the lip as your new rotors will be bigger.

Useful info here ... S15 brakes

Hope it helps.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts