Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I searched for a while, someone already asked this question, but I was warned once about necromancing old threads haha, so I thought I'd make a fresh question.

When I get the car it already came with an aftermarket carrozzeria double din cd player, but it's crap and I want to replace it, but it's pretty hard to shop on crutchfield without knowing whether or not it will fit.

Anyone know the depth of the console? Or some recommended sites I can search on to find some models that will fit. I want double 2 indash video, not the flip up screens, with my heat controls and what not it won't fit right.

Thanks in advance

T

·
0 Posts
Ebay? Besides most if not all double din units are the same dimensions. In our cars there's a ton of room behind too so you don't need to worry about the wiring bunching up and not letting the stereo sit flush.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Any double din radio should fit mate. fitting it is pretty easy, just take out the middle console. Unscrew the radio frame so you have some space to move around with the radio that's installed at the moment. Undo all the cables and remove the ''old'' radio incl the metal frame around it. unscrew the metal frame from the ''old'' radio and screw it on to your new radio. Connect all the cables again. Do a functional test. Install everything back in place when radio works correctly:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts