Skyline Owners Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
HJC's offical SPAM MAN
3,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Firstly - i'm failing on how to search this...

ok first up - i've got everything like new gaskets etc and thought I had eerythingready for the swap until I realised I needed oil restrictor for the upgrade. But by failing s to work out both size and where to get them from.

This looks to have been done plenty of times before but not in any thread or project etc have I managed to find where anyone bought/sourced from or possibly even having made them up themselves.

I'm not particulary mechanically minded but I have already managed to strip everything down and off so don't think i've done too bad.

I know about leaving the oil feed off and cranking her over a few times to flush the oil and make sure theres no air locks etc but any urther advice would be great.

·
HJC's offical SPAM MAN
3,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well the turbo's are in, all parts are ready and she's been cranked over and over a few times now. Rear turbo is sweet. But...

The front turbo isn't priming. No idea why but can't for the life of trying get any oil through to the oil drain
I'll get sme more pics up at some point with new gaskets etc etc but for now i'm going to cry myself to sleep.
The fitting was easy (they went in yesterday without a hitch) and today has been an all dayer sorting the oil and coolant lines as they aer in slightly different positions to the old turbo's (not alot but enough to be a headache).

For anyone else trying...
"Oil lines etc...you will not lose much oil but when you have the new turbo mounted, do NOT fit the oil return (bottom pipe). When the car is ready to run, remove the plug on the crank angle sensor and crank the car over untill oil flows out of the turbo drain, you are sure the bearings are primed with oil then, after that you can fit the drain pipe"

If anyone has any advice then i'm all ears. Oh and of course just to wind me up something wrotten - its due to chuck it down tomorrow.

·
hippy
7,682 Posts
once the rear one has oil close it off with something,that should make the front one prime up

·
HJC's offical SPAM MAN
3,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Actually I was just trying to work out the best way of doing that thanks. If I block it off at the block that should build a little more pressure to the front. Thanks for the reply though Koh - always appreciate another opinion especially as I have very little experience on anything mechanical.

Any further advice/suggestions other than pulling the front one out again?

Only thing I could think of (should I need to pull it) is to check the actual oil drain for blockages further than I can see iwht the turbo still attached to the manifold etc.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts