Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, im just about to grab an GTT R34 tomorrow and there was one thing that i was concerned about which was the dirty and yellowish headlight cover from the inside. I have been told i might not be able to open it and clean the inside...would this mean i have to replace those xenon headlights for like $1600?????

Are there any other alternatives?

P.S: my has been R33 been stolen so im grabbing an R34....

·
Mid Life Crisis Owner
938 Posts
You'll find most of the discolouration is actually on the outside. Use T-cut or toothpaste or some other mild abrasive and you'll find they come up a treat :)

You'll be surprised how many threads there've been on here and gtr.co.uk about this - do a search to find the full range of solutions :cheers:

·
Mid Life Crisis Owner
938 Posts
Well that's a whole different problem. I know for the R33 headlights it involves putting them in the oven at just the right temperature for just the right amount of time to soften the glue which holds the lenses in :eek:

Not sure if it's the same for the R34 but it's a brave man who'd attempt it :)

·
hwoarang
1,192 Posts
Hey guys, im just about to grab an GTT R34 tomorrow and there was one thing that i was concerned about which was the dirty and yellowish headlight cover from the inside. I have been told i might not be able to open it and clean the inside...would this mean i have to replace those xenon headlights for like $1600?????

Are there any other alternatives?

P.S: my has been R33 been stolen so im grabbing an R34....
Hi R33,

Have to agree with Andy, most of the dicolouration is on the outside. Was exactly the same with mine when I got it. Used T cut and the headlight glass came out gleaming like it was brand new.... Now every time I wash it I just wipe the glass down and its been clean ever since.

It is very difficult to get inside the headlight as it is glued shut and you'll spend hours getting the gunk off and then theirs the question of putting it back together.

·
Mid Life Crisis Owner
938 Posts
sorry about the newb question but whats a T cut?

and where do i get it?
Guessed you're not from the UK when you posted this. Then, with a bit of detective work, spotted you're from Sydney :)

T-cut is a "paint restorer" fluid made by CarPlan. You can buy it anywhere in the UK. There must be something similar readily available in Oz? It's what you use to shine up dull paint or take out small scratches.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts