Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
OK, total noob question here - and it is early, so forgive me if I am being incredible thick - but would one of those actually fit in a 350GT? Or am I missing something....... :)

ALso, looking on a wdier scale - what kind of cost (aside for the engine) would you be looking at to actually incorporate one in to a different car? I have no experience of that, and I am jsut interested in the commitment required...

·
Administrator
23,136 Posts
You need the ECU of course although I've heard a rumour (just a rumour) that an AEM can be made to work on them, gearbox wise you need to use a Z32 gearbox with a custom adaptor plate and mated drive shafts. Not that I'm looking into it or anything :rolleyes:

·
Seasoned Member
1,789 Posts
The GTR engine sits a lot further back than the 350gt engine , hence the huge dash and hardly no back seats , so that alone would be a nightmare to sort out.

·
Super Moderator
8,949 Posts
I think if i was going to spend big bucks on an engine swap, i think i would go for an LS7 lump with 500BHP to start, with the potential for another 200BHP from a blower, rather than worry if the GTR lump had some of those dodgy bearings in it.

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
The GTR engine sits a lot further back than the 350gt engine , hence the huge dash and hardly no back seats , so that alone would be a nightmare to sort out.

wel i know of one going in a 34 but thats all you are getting info wise :funny:

the V37 / G37 uses a similar engine so why would it be a issue to fit , the GTR engine is basically only a TT version of that engine

·
Administrator
23,136 Posts

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
I think if i was going to spend big bucks on an engine swap, i think i would go for an LS7 lump with 500BHP to start, with the potential for another 200BHP from a blower, rather than worry if the GTR lump had some of those dodgy bearings in it.

it was quicker for nissan to put a new engine in and keep it all hush hush about the bearing issue , may not effect all engines ,

the bearing issue will be resolved before the engine is fiited i would assume

hence the plentiful supply of these engines , i think just a engine for a GTR is £24k from nissan i maybe wrong though

1 - 12 of 12 Posts