Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought I'd share this with everyone.
I've been looking for a upgraded coil packs for my rb25 and ended up looking at www.platinumracingproducts.com
And now I've ended up ordering the full coil pack conversion kit and new injector wiring harness.
Hopefully I'll have the engine running sweet again and back for it's map again at a later date and to have it's cas replacement sensor fitted as well

Attachments

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just a quick update. Been waiting a while but it's finally all turned up today.
The kit looks really top quality as well, also got a new injector wiring harness made up at same time.
Will up load pics soon of the kit and then again when all fitted

·
Super Moderator
8,968 Posts
Interesting they look like Audi/VW coils.

·
Super Moderator
8,968 Posts
Just looked up the price...:eek::eek:i would definitely be looking to put a kit together with OEM stick coils of the correct resistance...most modern coils are better specked than the 20 odd year old std items

·
Registered
414 Posts
Yeh, that price is depressing. My coils remain one of the oldest parts of my engine - one of which already exploded a few years ago. I'm not sure they'll survive a re-tune but I was hoping they'd be cheaper than that...

·
Super Moderator
8,968 Posts
Yeh, that price is depressing. My coils remain one of the oldest parts of my engine - one of which already exploded a few years ago. I'm not sure they'll survive a re-tune but I was hoping they'd be cheaper than that...
Check the std coil resistance and look for a stick coil that's long enough to reach the plug and make up a carrier plate fro alloy or plastic, you should be able to source the connectors to graft onto the wiring loom and your set...and saved a whole bunch of cash.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes there are cheaper options out there like the vag setup but I didn't like the look of them.
I almost went split fire but then I still wanted to get a new loom so then it wasn't loads cheaper.
I also planned on making my own gtr coil kit but then coils was £100 each from nissan with discount then I'd need the fitting bracket and loom so that was about the same if not more.

·
Registered
414 Posts
I'll have to weigh up the options. Time is short right now although I was planning to fit new injectors (already procured) at some point, so I could look at doing the whole at the same time.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It's more expensive than split fire coils. I'm guessing they are around the £400 - £450 mark? And I wanted a new coil pack loom so they are around the £100 - £150 mark? So this kit is around £200 - £300 more I'm guessing.

·
Terry
1,961 Posts
It's more expensive than split fire coils. I'm guessing they are around the £400 - £450 mark? And I wanted a new coil pack loom so they are around the £100 - £150 mark? So this kit is around £200 - £300 more I'm guessing.
Have you noticed any real difference in performance?

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I've only just started to fit it.
I still need to fit my cas replacement sensor kit and then remap.
I don't it'll make much if any more power but I'm hoping it'll be future proof

·
Terry
1,961 Posts
I've only just started to fit it.

I still need to fit my cas replacement sensor kit and then remap.

I don't it'll make much if any more power but I'm hoping it'll be future proof
I guess a more consistent spark with less potential spiking and interference is what it would achieve. Good luck with it all..

1 - 18 of 18 Posts