1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
i'm the daddy !!
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
here we go again, bloody hell !!

why don't you change the forum rules to say :

"NO BOASTING ABOUT RACING WHATEVER" or something similar

There are NO private test tracks - never mind the bloody wink wink giggle giggle etc etc !!!

why is the need felt to brag how fast you went, personally that should be posted on those www.riceboychavbarryboys.com sites and NOT here.

and before anyone says why do i have a skyline if i don't drive fast, well i won't say whether i do or don't, its for me to know.

Anyone who boasts about drifting, speeding, and racing other cars should have their posts deleted and a warning given, 3 strikes and your out etc.

i'm sick of the arguments and the bloody bitchiness when these threads get deleted.

come on guys / girls there really is no need to tell me or anyone else on a forum about your "roadkills", keep it to yourself and brag to your mates down the pub.

There are a couple of topics that keep being repeated and should be topics that are banned :

1) (public roads) racing, speeding, drifting - should NEVER be allowed - bragging rights should be left at the track, proper track, not the imaginary private test track.

2) "got caught for speeding" - don't speed then - but if you get caught then its a fair cop, its a risk you take

3) "got pulled for small number plate" - fit correct plates then and stop moaning about it, if you have a small plate then again its a risk you take, stop moaning about it.

and i'm not going to apolagise about the above post, it gets on my wick.

Andy.

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
I disagree. Part of the fun of owning a skyline IS doing dumbass stuff on the roads. That includes wether you get caught for it or not.

It dosnt hurt anyone if you post on the forum, does it?

·
stuck in the middle .....with you
8,249 Posts
here we go again, bloody hell !!

why don't you change the forum rules to say :

"NO BOASTING ABOUT RACING WHATEVER" or something similar

There are NO private test tracks - never mind the bloody wink wink giggle giggle etc etc !!!

why is the need felt to brag how fast you went, personally that should be posted on those www.riceboychavbarryboys.com sites and NOT here.

and before anyone says why do i have a skyline if i don't drive fast, well i won't say whether i do or don't, its for me to know.

Anyone who boasts about drifting, speeding, and racing other cars should have their posts deleted and a warning given, 3 strikes and your out etc.

i'm sick of the arguments and the bloody bitchiness when these threads get deleted.

come on guys / girls there really is no need to tell me or anyone else on a forum about your "roadkills", keep it to yourself and brag to your mates down the pub.

There are a couple of topics that keep being repeated and should be topics that are banned :

1) (public roads) racing, speeding, drifting - should NEVER be allowed - bragging rights should be left at the track, proper track, not the imaginary private test track.

2) "got caught for speeding" - don't speed then - but if you get caught then its a fair cop, its a risk you take

3) "got pulled for small number plate" - fit correct plates then and stop moaning about it, if you have a small plate then again its a risk you take, stop moaning about it.

and i'm not going to apolagise about the above post, it gets on my wick.

Andy.
without trying to start an argument,i hate people who moan about what other people say or do,if they get caught,their problem not yours,if you dont like the thread,dont read it.
i am in partial agreement with you but its just like a local area forum we have in our town,everyone wanted to tell other people how wrong they were in what they were doing and always saying their busy body nosey opinion should be as it is.

i say live and let live,if someone posts they were speeding or racing and the police track em down,their fault and you can give em the "told you so"

yes street racing is wrong
yes small plates are illegal

just my opionion,i may be wrong but its my opinion

·
Registered
334 Posts
I can see this thread heading in the same direction as the others over the last couple of days. There is always going to be a difference of opinion. Can we all just agree to disagree and get on with what we are all really here for....... enjoying our cars and being part of a fantastic community of like minded people? If we are not careful this could very easily escalte. I'm sure the person who started that original thread (beating an R1) did not envisage this sort of response/reaction.

Is there a Mod anywhere who can knock this on the head?

I understand freedom of speech and the right to express an opinion but when it goes like this with one 'controversial' thread after another I really do feel like we are all biting off our nose to spite our face.

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
the small plate thing i dont agree with and understand why people change them..

if so many of this countries stealth taxes were not reliant on being able to read our plates then there wouldnt be such a problem with people altering them all the time..
state inflicted problem..

·
8,249 Posts
What your suggesting is a second, more exclusive forum. This doesn't make sense to me. If you really want to say something to someone or a small group, PM them. No point in dividing the forum.
i didnt suggest anything,i just said "theres an idea":)
but yes there are pros and cons and reasons why and why not etc...but like i said,its an idea

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
Thing is why should some peoples views and opinions be censored because some people dont like it?

personally I hate censorship in all its forms, people should be able to express their opinions however they want. Otherwise you get a group of people dictating what people can and can't say. I may not like what certain people say in all walks of life but I'd always defend their right to say it :)

Someone might not like reading about what spoiler somone just got but here's the thing, you dont have to read it! Shocking, you can just click away and read a diffrent post if you dont like the content of the current one.

Even if you have people admitting to illegal street racing, so what? Thats the individuals problem and very rarley would anything come of it anyway, I've never heard of anyone being charged of dangerous driving because they made a few comments on an internet forum.

·
i'm the daddy !!
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
my point is that the mods just should ban such threads, if you race on the road then brag about it to your mates down the pub or at the meetings face to face, NOt where everyone else can see it.

as far as the comment about if you don't like it don't read it - well if it were banned then i wouldn't be able to read it would I.

BAN SUCH THREADS and give us all a rest from the constant arguments about this stuff.

andy.

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
Well I might not want to read posts about you preaching about what people can and cant talk about, does it mean I want it banned? no?

Do I have the option of reading somthing else? yes.

:rofl:

·
Seasoned Member
2,853 Posts
:iagree: i often come across thraeds that dont interest me i just move on 2 d next and as 4 small number plates have u got proper ones on if so ur sound stop worrying about everyone else,s let them at it if they want to brag let them i dont do it but il not pass any heed of anyone else u wouldnt happen to be a copper !!! just pass no heed of those threads u start banning them ul start to lose them from d site whats d point dude:cheers:

·
Registered
962 Posts
I can assure you that banning threads gets up more peoples goats than reading about illegal activity...

I say, freedom of speech until somebody gets offended or steps over the line and then the mods can come in and say 'ok guys, lets leave this argument to cool off for a bit'..

Seems to work.

·
Registered
812 Posts
Well I might not want to read posts about you preaching about what people can and cant talk about, does it mean I want it banned? no?

Do I have the option of reading somthing else? yes.

:rofl:
But surely the original poster has the right to express his opinion that some topics should be banned? If you are for freedom of expression then you've got to let the people who are against it air their views, or else risk being accused of only being for freedom of your own opinion.

Somebody posted they hadn't heard of somebody being done from evidence on the internet, I suggest searching for Paulfwx (I think that was his user name?) Him plus car plus interwebs equalled the Police knocking on his door. It's not just the Police though, is it any wonder that skyline insurance premiums are so high, if an insurer has read even half the illegal activities threads across car forums?

Its not a question of not wanting to read about stuff, because you have the option not to, its a question of other people reading it and deciding what kind of person you are by the car you drive, their opinion based on what a few people on the internet wrote about their antics.

People are working really hard to promote drifting as a serious sport, but it will never get taken seriously as long as the media are able to google up all kinds of horror stories to scare the general public with. All it takes is 1x dead toddler due to speeding/drifting/whatever and if it's a quiet week for news you can bet the government will crack down on everyone with a nice car.

·
8,249 Posts
:iagree: i often come across thraeds that dont interest me i just move on 2 d next and as 4 small number plates have u got proper ones on if so ur sound stop worrying about everyone else,s let them at it if they want to brag let them i dont do it but il not pass any heed of anyone else u wouldnt happen to be a copper !!! just pass no heed of those threads u start banning them ul start to lose them from d site whats d point dude:cheers:
erm....wow,i almost understood that LOL

·
8,249 Posts
But surely the original poster has the right to express his opinion that some topics should be banned? If you are for freedom of expression then you've got to let the people who are against it air their views, or else risk being accused of only being for freedom of your own opinion.

Somebody posted they hadn't heard of somebody being done from evidence on the internet, I suggest searching for Paulfwx (I think that was his user name?) Him plus car plus interwebs equalled the Police knocking on his door. It's not just the Police though, is it any wonder that skyline insurance premiums are so high, if an insurer has read even half the illegal activities threads across car forums?

Its not a question of not wanting to read about stuff, because you have the option not to, its a question of other people reading it and deciding what kind of person you are by the car you drive, their opinion based on what a few people on the internet wrote about their antics.

People are working really hard to promote drifting as a serious sport, but it will never get taken seriously as long as the media are able to google up all kinds of horror stories to scare the general public with. All it takes is 1x dead toddler due to speeding/drifting/whatever and if it's a quiet week for news you can bet the government will crack down on everyone with a nice car.
fair comments there:boogy:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts