Skyline Owners Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Missing His R33 :(
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just popped the bonnet to change my air filter when i noticed a hissing coming from the right side of the radiator, while looking for it, i noticed a puff of steam and couldnt work out the smell. I placed my hand on the radiator and the hiss grew louder and i saw the jet of mist spewing out of one of the air con pipes.

The radiator looks to have melted a "V" cutout of the pipe in front of it ! Now not only have i got a leaking air con pipe, my finger has a cold burn from the stuff inside it and i'm getting paranoid about breathing in the mist stuff as i've heard horror stories about it giving you respiratory problems !!!

How the hell has this happened, and how can i fix it?!?!

·
Missing His R33 :(
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I'm guessing that since my front end bump last year, the radiator is sitting closer to the air con system and that is the reason for this. I doubt many will have experienced this but maybe someone can offer some advice.

If all else fails, is there a welder in the midlands area who can patch a hole?? :)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi, it looks like the rad has been rubbing against it and slowly worn through, the a/c gas isnt too bad if its R134A, but can cause a bit of a headache if too much is breathed in.

You may be able to get it welded up, or replace it, the trouble is it looks like it is the pipe that is part of the condensor ( rad ) so you would have to replace the complete thing.

Hope that is of some help

Paul

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
I had this on one of our merc's, I got a twin tube pack of very high temp cold weld repair filler from a motorists shop and built up the pipe around the worn area.

I think it had a blue and a red tube..not sure but it is high temp and high pressure, was still doing the job 3 years later when I sold the car! I think it was called JB or JD weld or similar, an American product if I recall correctly.

Aitch

1 - 5 of 5 Posts