Skyline Owners Forum banner

Radio band expander

911 views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  Skyline Boy 
#1 ·
As per title, if you have a Jap stereo in your car, or cant get a full frequency range out of your stereo, then this is what you need!!

One end plugs into the stereo, the other your aerial, and the red lead to a positve feed from your stereo, then thats it job done and your now have all the UK radio stations, from 88Mhz to 108Mhz.

£15 +p&p new, For you guys ---- >>> £10 delivered

BARGAIN!!!!!

Any questions pm me

See less See more
#5 ·
Yep, as far as im aware thats what u need, because the Japanese radios can only tune into a certain frequency,i thinks lower than ours, so thats why your radio doesnt work.
Although if you have an all singing and dancing headunit, it wont show up the radio station dj names etc, dont know why, i've just heard it doesnt. but at least you'll be able to listen to the radio!

Pete

#6 ·
Ive got a kenwood jap radio/cd player can only get radio poo(2) and the cd player plays cd's but no sound comes through speakers but radio poo works fine ,would this sort the cd out aswell?

#7 ·
No mate, this wont sort out your CD player, if u can get radio poo! then you should be able to get the rest of the channels, you must have a dodgy connection somewhere along the line.

With the CD player, the only thing i can think of is the len is dirty? the player wont recognise the cd beause its an english one not jap?!! did it work before?

Pete

#10 ·
LSD32,
Regards to the two pronged arieal thing, i'm too sure, can you send me a pic of it ill see if i can help, havent heard of one like that before, sounds like a speaker connection but i may be wrong.

Onlyady,
The Band expander is still avilable, paypal is fine with me. PM me if you still want it and ill send you my email address,

cheers,

Pete

#12 ·
GTRUK,

Yeh this was fitted in my car when i got it, although it wasnt necessary as it had an english stereo?!! the red wire connects to the power of the stereo,the ignition controlled live, usuallly red or yellow. which in turn powers the expander.
Hope this helps, its a simple job to do honestly, i'll walk you through it if you need me to, thats no problem.

Pete

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.