Skyline Owners Forum banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
raf marham

yes mate just trying to sort fire extinguisher , any body meeting near soton . And going up sa:40oz::40oz:t am or friday nght.

·
#Team Morris - Campari
908 Posts
yes mate just trying to sort fire extinguisher , any body meeting near soton . And going up sa:40oz::40oz:t am or friday nght.
Si and I are going up early Sat morning leaving from Eastleigh at stupid o'clock. Need to work out what time we need to be there at track. Seem to remember it's a fair old trek! What Clio are you bringing?

·
Registered
43 Posts
raf marham

ok tim will come with you if ok its about 211 miles. its a 172 phase 1 sport track car very light mate what time are you leaving, are you going for the weekend.

·
#Team Morris - Campari
908 Posts
Well Google maps seem to think it's just under 4hours trip. Will need to grab FUEL just before we get there. Doors open from 7am and briefing is at 8:30. Aiming to get there for 8am. So will probably leave at 4am from eastleigh although need to confirm with Si. Do you want to pm me your mobile number and I'll call you. We're staying in a hotel Saturday night and returning Sunday am.

·
Registered
43 Posts
raf marham track day

ok will pm you my number where abouts in eastleigh i am going for weekend, have you fitted a fire extinguisher in your skyline.

·
#Team Morris - Campari
908 Posts
ok will pm you my number where abouts in eastleigh i am going for weekend, have you fitted a fire extinguisher in your skyline.
Yep I've already got one fitted just in case of trouble. It won't put the car out but it might save me!!!
As for what time and where to meet on Saturday morning, how about Winchester services at 4:15am? Post code is SO21 1PP and its between junction 8 and 9 on Northbound M3. We can't be late though as its a long way and if there are roadworks then its going to get real tight!!!

·
The Cunning Linguist
13,826 Posts

Everyone chipping in to get Tigg's car back up and running, thing get through belt's like no one's business. After some fetling and some weird noise making the belt stayed on for the rest of the day.

Post cone massacre:

Now I am no fan of Honda's but this sounded amazing hooning around the track

Due to savage amount's of stones on the track some major protection work was in order

Team Tard ready for action

Some flamage

Great turnout and the best weather we have seen in 6 years!

The prep of the tarmac was way below standard, something that will be raised for next time

wadafuq

Serious metal work

·
#Team Morris - Campari
908 Posts
Had an epic day on the Saturday too. Got home in lightening time on the Sunday too which was nice :) Thanks to all that marshalled and made it happen. Love the track backwards! That is just awesome. I know what you mean about track prep have completely fooked the front paintwork on the Skyline again and also now have a crack in the windscreen so if that could get better for the September trackday I wouldn't complain. Just hover over it with a chinook or something lol or drag a Vulcan up and down it a couple of times! Job done lol.

·
Lincolnshire Area Rep
2,271 Posts
I believe so.
it killed a lot of rb25's and ruined many windscreens and paint.
:rofl:

Last time I went there it cost me 3k on a rebuild and paint lol
Wow thats an expensive day out, I always wanted to do this track as its an airfield so no nasty armco to hit just lots of grass as Im more interested in going fast round corners than top end speed. So what are the problems with this track?

·
Anglian Area Rep
4,549 Posts
Wow thats an expensive day out, I always wanted to do this track as its an airfield so no nasty armco to hit just lots of grass as Im more interested in going fast round corners than top end speed. So what are the problems with this track?
The issue is the straight is too damn long lol.
if you can behave and not thrash it every lap then you'll be fine but constant flat out 160 mph + on straights isn't a good thing lol.

Next issue.... the planes go down middle of runway and blast the stones etc to sides.
on that straight the slower cars are going about a ton down it in the stones and you go honing past them and take a battering like youre stuck behind a gritter.

Next issue is the RB's need an improved sump if your on track to avoid oil starvation when you're going sideways/getting your lean on :grinno:

Don't get me wrong its a brilliant day out and a great safe environment to learn your cars limitations and all monies raised go to great causes. :bounce:

21 - 40 of 40 Posts