Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been getting calls from the same number for the past week, maybe one call every day or two. Just answered it then and it was some company called CarProtect trying to offer me extended warranty on my Polo. Never heard of this company in my life and somehow they have all my details, about the car etc.

I think it's the bloody insurance company selling them on, this 'CarProtect' was asking for payment details within 20 seconds of answering their call. Bloody scam imo.

·
Registered
867 Posts
Tell them your really interested but just need to answer the door. Ask them if they mind hanging on for a bit. When they say yes ok, and they defiantly will, put your phone down within hearing range of some crappy irritating music, go make a cup of tea/wash the car/do anything to pass the time and see how long you can get them to wait... :)

·
Registered
478 Posts
Tell them your really interested but just need to answer the door. Ask them if they mind hanging on for a bit. When they say yes ok, and they defiantly will, put your phone down within hearing range of some crappy irritating music, go make a cup of tea/wash the car/do anything to pass the time and see how long you can get them to wait... :)
Nice one , pmsl

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
I used to work in a call centre so know the ways to get rid.

The main one is to tell them you're registered with the mobile telephone preference service, by law they are not allowed to call you and must end the call.

Might be an idea to register with the mtps, I am and no longer get marketing calls.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts