Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So yea... now I have an FD sitting outside, well.. just dropped it to a friends garage while I sort tax.

I won't say how much I bought it for, but I will say that it would of VERY been rude of me to turn it away, especially as he delivered it to my doorstep!

Engine was rebuilt 3 years/3k miles ago, still sitting on rich map

so, all it needs is a remap, insurance, tax and MOT...and I plan on fixing a few things like the Christmas lights and playstation / screens in the boot

I've always wanted an FD... in fact this was the same FD i looked at 3 years ago which I would of bought had I not decided to build my R33.

But, skyline came on top as I knew them well and are far more practical/reliable + this forums not too bad :p

Only had a short drive in it so far but... it's so much fun, it's like an MX-5 with the power of a skyline! I'm actually sat here thinking my skylines a bit fat and heavy now :( It just corners soooo well!

I'l get more info and pics up soon, not even taken a photo of it yet but I'll dig some out from the interwebs, apparently it's fairly well known...so will dig up its past tomorrow, if anyone knows anything about it, feel free to chip in, good or bad :)

·
Super Moderator
8,968 Posts
Very nice! somebody has spent a lot of money on that.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Too many fd's appearing at the moment. Makes me want one more and more every time!

Very nice mate

·
Seasoned Member
9,055 Posts
So that's two members on here, in two weeks that have picked up an FD!

I looked at this one last year when I started the search for mine, but the rear spoiler, and interior was a big put off for me.. Did you compression test it before handing your cash over?

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So that's two members on here, in two weeks that have picked up an FD!

I looked at this one last year when I started the search for mine, but the rear spoiler, and interior was a big put off for me.. Did you compression test it before handing your cash over?
Long story, but had limited time to buy/sell, had all the tools but none of the time to jack up, pull wheel and check as I had intended.

Runs flawless and only thing wrong with it was the clutch release bearing that i could find + for the cash I paid for it, I'l make the money back even with a blown engine

Getting it mapped and dyno-ed hopefully next Saturday, and I'l be running a comp test before then when it's MOT'ed/tax/insured just to be sure.

Just plan to tidy it up and sell on to be honest, and try not to fall in love with it during that process

·
Seasoned Member
9,055 Posts
Don't need to take of wheel to comp test, get it on axle stands and go from underneath.... very easy :)

The RX is the best replacement for the R33 if you ask me, mines the 276hp type RS and even though it's 160hp less powerful, it is 300kg+ lighter than the Skyline so makes up for it in other ways.... Fantastic cars!

·
Dirty Torquer
113 Posts
Well if your girlfriend does start driving it...the licence plate matches as it will be the GF's car

1 - 10 of 10 Posts