Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when my cars running i can hear a slight rattleing noise its coming from behind the camshaft angle sensor front of exhaust cam you can not hear it on tick over but if you give the car a rev from under the bonnet you can hear it clearly but you can not hear it if you are in the car i took the cam covers off and theres nothing obveous i can see

SHOULD I BE WORRIED?????

sorry bout the spelling:40oz:

·
Backyard Mechanic
1,656 Posts
Probably a snapped mainfold stud or 2 (very common) also possibly the CAS or the camblet slapping around if it's lost tension, it's really hard to find a rattle in that area but try using a long screwdriver used as a stethoscope and try taking the top cam belt cover off to see if the belt is ok...

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Probably a snapped mainfold stud or 2 (very common) also possibly the CAS or the camblet slapping around if it's lost tension, it's really hard to find a rattle in that area but try using a long screwdriver used as a stethoscope and try taking the top cam belt cover off to see if the belt is ok...
deff not a manifold stud i had the heat sheld off doing some work and they seemed all fine..and not the belt i just fitted one and took the covers off when i heard the rattle i was worried bout it might be that. but all seems fine there. am baffled....

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
noisy lifters?
no i used a screwdriver as u said just there now im sure my nebiours love me for starting my car at this time of night lol but just went and done that there all fine well sound quiet i was thinking the same lifters but no...this is bugging me its getting stripped at the weekend till i see whats up but anymore ideas let me know matey:spank:

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
the injectors make a ticking noise, may be that....somrtimes it can be confused with a camsheft rattle...:cheers:
no its a bit louder than them but not much i can hear the injectors ticking away...deff around the exhaust cam ,cam wheel end..but all seems tight..

·
User of V-power
1,112 Posts
Check the aircon pump, my car has similar symptoms and im pretty sure it is the ac pump,

mine is just the same sounds like it is coming from the ex cam area, but then i put a steth on the ac it was loudest,

also worse when cold if that helps. (almost not there when hot)

let me know what you find.

Cheers
Dazzler

(hope this helps! it was stressin me for a while before i found it)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts