Skyline Owners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
was driving along earlier today and hear a noise in the exhaust. Sounds likes small stones going down it. Sombody said to me once about rattling in the exhaust and that it was bad but can't remember what anyone remind me?

·
Seasoned member
4,785 Posts
or you've lost a blade or two from your turbo, but then you should have noticed a drop in performance and maybe some smoke

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
don't have a CAT.

Have noticed an increase in performance last few weeks?

will check studs.

Is it not to do with air fuel mixture or something? If i play with the AFR a little it stops. But puts performance down also

·
Seasoned member
4,785 Posts
could be det:eek: that gives a metalicy sound

when do you get this sound, is it when you have a heavy right foot

·
Seasoned member
4,785 Posts
i think your well on the way to killing your engine

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
humm so it's bad?

it still drives great. When i first had it it wasn't too good had a crappy aftermarket BOV which caused it to keep staling. Clutch was slippy plugs were knackard didn't pull properlly.

I have had done to it
decat
earth boost solenoid
upto 400BHP clutch
new iridum plus
boost upto .75 bar
new disks and pads (not engine related i know)
much better BOV now staling now.

It drives now much better than i have even had it driving runs perfect. It also used to stall for no reason if i left it running for like 10 minutes since it's makeover has stopped that too.

What part of the engine is breaking down in this case? Is it possible it's just unburnt fuel entering the exhaust and buring up in there?

The arm has two controls it's quite old one for on/off the other goes from -4% to +10% now IMO i would say the higher you put it the better the car should go? Wrong the lower you put it the better it goes. I would guess 0% would be as standard? -4% makes a massive diffrence and going the other way makes it run really bad. It was on +6% when i got the car.

·
Seasoned member
4,785 Posts
it's the pistons that melt when you have det, which in turn fook up the bore.

never run the car lean, which by the sounds of it you have.

get it to a garage ASAP

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Have spoken with a guy that is a mitsi master tech says there is a similar problem with evo's he said turn the boost down. He said no damage has been done as it wouldn't run as good as it is now. Boost is back down to .7 bar not heard anything yet but been a little careful with it.

I only heard it once for a few seconds so i might be ok

·
Premium Member
23,136 Posts
Seriously Chris, get a leakage test done instead of a Mitsubishi Mechanics 'Best Guess'. Any competent garage can do this for you, better safe than sorry :)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.