Skyline Owners Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've noticed that certain Prodrive wheels (e.g. GC-010G and GC-06H) look very similar to Rays wheels (CE28N and TE37) - not surprising, as I have heard that Rays makes the Prodrive wheels.

That being the case - can anyone tell me if the Rays wheels are "better" in anyway? For example, are they lighter or stronger to their look-alikes?

Any other brands or models I should be considering if I want 18 or 19 inchers with max lightness and strength?

Thanks very much!!

Rays - RAYS

Prodrive - Prodrive Japan

·
Super Moderator
9,426 Posts
what you want are the prodrive GC-07 they would look awesome on a GTR :)

I dont know who makes which wheel, but I would assume that both would be of the same quality.

·
Banned
17 Posts
Prodrive is actually used on a lot of cars/race teams in Japan.
RAYS engineering do make forged wheels, but the wheels labeled under the RAYS line are not forged. The Volks, etc are however.
If you'd like to get a set of prodrives, let me know..

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Tigger, Nino, and Jeffrey. Yes, I really do like the GC-07s - and have seen photos with them on R34 GTRs, and they look great! Fruther, before the other Prodrive models came out, was strongly considering a set of the 07s.

Really what I am trying to do though is to get the Volk look and performance without the Rays premium price. So, all things being equal, I thought I'd take a look at the Prodrives. I think though that the Volks wheels are still slightly lighter in weight than the similar looking Prodrives. Makes sense for Rays to keep their best wheels to themselves.

And so, the search continues...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts