Skyline Owners Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just a quick question about what you guys think,i am torn over what to do,i am temted to tune the rb20 and strip it out as a track day weopon,but another part of me wants to splash the cash and do the conversion,i really am stumped as to what to do,the car is going to be used as a trackday plaything and occasional fast road use,so over to you guys.:D

·
hippy
7,682 Posts
the rb26 is very heavy so logic would suggest the rb20 for a well balanced handling car out of the box,suppose it might also depend o how much poweryou want out of it

·
Belgium/Netherlands Area Rep
2,060 Posts
depends on what power figure you're after m8
before anybody jumps in, there are high horses RB20's aswell eh
for road use i guess the extra displacement -read torque- will be very welcome :D
i'd say conversion time

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i just want a good trackday car,ie the car i thought i had imported,300bhp would probably do it,as its quite lively at the moment,trouble is i get bored easily and if i spent a bucket load on tuning the rb20 the wife would probably get a bit upset if i then junked it and did what i was originally thinking of doing.
What sort of power are the rb20's putting out in top spec ?

·
Premium Member
14,725 Posts
If your only after 300bhp with low lag and good for track use i'd definately just tune the RB20 engine.

·
Space Filler
3,218 Posts
Hi Gaz, I'm currently midway through getting stuff together to tune my RB20.
I had considered going for the engine conversion route but decided to see how to 20 feels with about 300hp. Going to be using an R33 steel internalled hybrid T3/04 turbo, Nismo FPR, Sard 550cc injectors, Intec ECU and other regular mods (filter, exhaust etc). If it still doesn't give me the kind of power response I want, I may consider one of the Tomei stroker kits, or the 25 transplant after the new year.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
suppose i could tune it and if i decide to do the conversion later sell the bits on,good post about the low lag on a tuned rb20,tbh i hadn't even thought of that.
Wheres the best value for money to get the parts? Iam going to do the work myself as i am not a millionaire and am reasonably technically proficient,and i suppose this forum is never too far away if i get stuck.:D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.