Skyline Owners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
God's gift to AWD owners > Launch Control :D
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, just wanted to know that how much hp can a standard RB 26 hold with stock connecting rods, stock pistons, stock crank with ACL bearings, changed oil pump [ plan to put a greddy ] with a T 78 ? is this combination gonan hold up to 450 bhp ?

Or the other option

Ross pistons, stock connecting rods, greddy oil pump, stock crank with ACL bearings, are they gonna hold up till 450 bhp on a T 78 ?

Need your replies.

·
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
@ ****

You mean i dont have to change Crank , bearings and oil pump ? i dont know **** which turbos are you using but i feel the stock crank doesnt stay stable after 7K.

So the pistons and rods have to be changed for sure ?

·
Seasoned Member
9,196 Posts
i will be using a pair of hybrid turbos that i have sitting here. standard pistons and rods will be fine for 450 on an RB26 mate.

ive still the stock oil pump and bearings in it too and no problems. but if you want to change them then go ahead, you asked i answered, if you wana change ya dont need an excuse just do it, but its not required.

·
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
****, what i wanted to know if the stock internals are gonna hold upto the boost pressures of a single turbo ?

·
Seasoned Member
9,196 Posts
****, what i wanted to know if the stock internals are gonna hold upto the boost pressures of a single turbo ?
well why wouldnt they?? they cope with twins as it is... its not like they are sequential... and if your only after 450 why go with the t78 single? theres plenty of options for that power for small twins even a small single could get you that, and will be alot better for drivability. its not the number of the turbos that fooks them but the boost applied, and it isnt going to be that high of boost for 450.

1.3bar from twins = 1.3bar from a single

just at a different rate, rev range

·
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok **** understood. Ill be placing a greddy oil pump, with stock internals, extended sump . I hope this time it doesnt blows cos it blew o .7 BAR it was heating up

·
Administrator
14,725 Posts
Std internals as far as i'm aware are good for 550bhp or about 1.4bar.

·
Registered
2,970 Posts
there are plenty of rb26 running 650hp on standard internals.

The biggest problem with rb26 is oil starvation.

·
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The crank blew even though the sump was extended but i was using a standard oil pump.

·
Registered
7,178 Posts
Ok **** understood. Ill be placing a greddy oil pump, with stock internals, extended sump . I hope this time it doesnt blows cos it blew o .7 BAR it was heating up
Is that because you are running it without the car mapped and getting 120 knock like you said you was??

·
Seasoned Member
4,032 Posts
the 120 was probably bearing knock

·
RB-Ballerz Club
276 Posts
In our RB26 it destroyed the oil pump at 389hp.
Hi revs are probably to blame.
Now A collar drive will help as well as a aftermarket balancer after the collar is installed and the Micro polish & balance job to the Crank shaft is done(If Needed).
They go hand to hand.
as far as after the collar drive upgrade.I would use some arp rod bolts.
With nothing else in the block they go for 700hp proven.The RB26 that is.
Built block goes for 1100hp proven.I wouldn't go over 1100hp in any RB engine.Lots of money involved.....
But no one needs that kind of power.At least I don't

·
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
How about it if i put R34 block with R 34 crank ACL race bearings and use my R 33 head ? r 34 connecting rods will do ?

·
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
@ De ranged naah bro i did tweak the map a bit. One of the rod bearing was the culprit.

·
AKA The Torque Monster
1,096 Posts
I'm running a GTR 33 RB28 fully forged as iv blown it twice but I got a N1 block from a GTR34 this time and a gas flowed head 2.8 stroker all running with a single T04Z to near 700 poneys.

·
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
ill use R33 head with R34 block, which gasket should you guys prefer ? 1.5mm or 1.8mm for T 78 ? Leave The R34 block with standard main bearings or should i replace them with ACL Race or dura glide ?

·
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I wont be using Crank balancing pulley, how much rev is considered safe keeping in mind i am running a T 78 ?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts